The Elusive BOTTOM - bulls floundering as QT begins

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#81 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 03:10 PM

A hard, frustrating, and vexing day of trading but the reward is still worth it: 0.26 % net account gain

Tiring easily now after 5 months of intense trading.  Note the HOURLY ES CANDLES with long tails - usually bullish but the LAST CANDLE just could not hold on GREEN and finished red, and also made the LOW of the day. 
No doubt about it -- SELLERS still far more motivated than BUYERS and are picking their selling levels. If they have such a luxury then they are more confident than bullls and still hold the upper hand. However, I seem to remember instances of this type of behavior many times in the past 35 plus years in the markets and my FF is the markets could still make a new 2022 LOW but BULLS will regain control and rally at least 10% in June. 

Opened new AMZN position in LT with just 100 stocks

did not get a fill in AMZN CALLS but will try again tomorrow; I should have adjusted the order to ensure it was filled today but markets were too erratic so I could not spare the time to watch OPTION CHAIN screens

#82 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 03:12 PM

that was an annoying last half hour of trading!  

I am still leaning LONG but it is now getting down to low 4100 and BULLS must hold it here or at least above ES 4080

Going into the close going for a long build 4110!!!  

And just like that got stopped out as I adjusted to a profit stop of 4120 for 10 points, try again at 4110 see if it hits

#83 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 03:43 PM

Still getting CRE deals sent to me from the 1031 stuff...

FINALLY starting to see price cuts

CVS in Houston just went to 8.4M from 8.9M a month ago....still overpriced, but looks look like the unwind may finally be starting...

Edited by K Wave, 06 June 2022 - 03:44 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#84 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:00 PM

Resting, not trading tonight...  seems as if markets setting up for big rally

OIL supply situation -- and gasoline prices etc -- easing with increased OPEC output, and even this:

Washington gives Eni and Repsol the green light for oil-for-debt deals w/ Venezuela. US goodwill gestures are building up but Chevron will likely not get a better deal until Maduro shows some advances related to talks in CDMX as well as “free and fair” elections.

CHINA not so quietly easing, tech stocks rallying, and this :

"SHANGHAI PORT'S DAILY VOLUME HAS INCREASED TO 95% OF NORMAL LEVELS."

BOJ'S GOVERNOR KURODA: BOJ WILL HELP THE ECONOMY BY MAINTAINING AGGRESSIVE MONETARY EASING.

#85 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 05:07 AM

I want to get bullish and think 5/20 was the bottom, but kinda odd we are going up into CPI / June Fed Meeting+OPEX. Making a double bottom next Wed makes a lot of sense, especially after $CPC reached .6 Monday morning.

#86 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:21 AM

I agree with there is a high probability of a new 2022 LOW, possible double-bottom, but it seems to me that much of the BAD NEWS has been priced into the market, hence the resilience from late May to now. With markets about 3% lower from recent swing high I am going to abandon my cautious stance and start buying more aggressively. 
Note that even a 0.1% drop in CPI will be be interpreted bullishly  -- peak inflation is behind us etc etc; if the FED sounds more hawkish then all bets are off.

I want to get bullish and think 5/20 was the bottom, but kinda odd we are going up into CPI / June Fed Meeting+OPEX. Making a double bottom next Wed makes a lot of sense, especially after $CPC reached .6 Monday morning.

#87 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:23 AM

Day #7 of 100 point range trading. I posted 4085 was key support likely to test overnight & here now. Decision time, but weak reaction for bulls despite hrs here Plan today: Unless bulls can pop >4100 to trigger upside/longs, #ES_F likely to dip further to 4073, 4035 bounce zone
Quote Tweet

ZVBuToeP_mini.jpg

Adam Mancini

@AdamMancini4
· 9h
Overnight update #ES_F: Working down the levels overnight here after losing 4135 support earlier today and 4080-85 next down and should test soon. Bulls will need to hold it and spike > 4100 to set a low. 4085 fails we sell to 4035 tomorrow next bounce zoneAdam Mancini

#88 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:36 AM

Morning, or its just grind grind grind, lots of volatility going nowhere fast, directionless trading lol!!  Anyhow building long at 4190 seeing how the cash market opens, sure there will be a rally in here somewhere for the day.  Key I think is how that 10-year goes would be nice to see it under 3% once again!! 

#89 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:50 AM

I am still sticking to my FF posted here before that 3500 will be visited by SPX in 2022. With So many head winds, that seems most likely.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#90 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 08:21 AM

Yup may be true, could see it but its not going to fall straight there, were not in that type of market, maybe September, fall period....