• 2,804 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:09 AM

eom

#2 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:05 AM

50 basis points....       New Home Sales, and car Sales have dropped last month due to the last rate hike..   Another 50 basis points will hit both of these hard.   I do think people are now changing their habits with high gas prices and inflation..    Eventhough there is inflation it is not driven by higher consumption...

#3 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:42 AM

My vote a full point. What they should do...

Edited by MDurkin, 10 June 2022 - 11:44 AM.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:54 AM

As of this writing, the boys and girls in the pits continue to bet on a 1/2% next week.

But to be honest, raising rates is going to do more harm than good at this point. As we learned in the 1980's, the only way to slow the rate of inflation is to stop spending (with the exception of funding law enforcement officers), and stop ridiculous taxes and regulations from forced political agendas such as the "New Green Deal" and this on going psychosis regarding COVID. Oh...and closing the border to anyone and everyone would help immensely.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:03 PM

Yes, reducing spending is much better method especially now that the national debt is already bigger than GDP. However politicians will not reduce spending. It is what keeps them in the game.
FED is the only realistic way to subdue inflation.
Currently there are double job openings than unemployed workers!
100 basis point is minimum rate increase needed otherwise get used to inflation for couple of years.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 12:15 AM

The only way we are beating inflation this time is if China stops it with their stupid ZeroCovid policy. That has to be one of the main drivers of inflation now. Can't wait for us to not be as reliant on them for a supply chain. Of course, I wonder if that's what they want? 

#7 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:56 AM

Yes, reducing spending is much better method especially now that the national debt is already bigger than GDP. However politicians will not reduce spending. It is what keeps them in the game.
FED is the only realistic way to subdue inflation.
Currently there are double job openings than unemployed workers!
100 basis point is minimum rate increase needed otherwise get used to inflation for couple of years.

Correct.