Super Critical WEEK! DOWN then UP - AUGUST rally

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#91 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,835 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:25 PM

AMZN took the express lane to the target zone here after hours.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#92 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,835 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:36 PM

AAPL not nearly the ramp job as  AMZN, but until it comes back under 157, bulls still have the swing term ball

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#93 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,835 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:47 PM

Apple revenue up a whopping 2% YOY, with both MAC and ipad revenue down. iphone up only 3%

Sure starting to look like mature company ending its growth phase to me...but so far they are elevating the stock...

#94 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 09:36 PM

We are near the top of the REVERSAL ZONE....as I posted yesterday, see below, market has momentum to push higher to that rare +300 level and today it did that. Still not +300 but market will cool off and then resume rally. My FF target ES 4200 to 4300 but it will be choppy and at at times very dull. 

McClellanOsc_1351.gif

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

YEAH, we are heading to that rare +300 level as I wrote yesterday.  May not reach there but then a pullback, and this can stay above zero for the duration of this 

SUMMER RALLY. 

McClellanOsc_1350.gif

up 90 today 

and SUMMATION INDEX up 200

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

Nice rally, good profits, but I have only a relatively small LONG position --- will add more on any decline

or, I will close on any rally, wind up JULY trading with RISK OFF for rest of month, 7 consecutive profitable months

AUGUST is usually a bad month for me but I will try to keep it GREEN 

This below could spike up to near max levels +300 and the drop

McClellanOsc_1349.gif

#95 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 09:40 PM

My best 2-day NQ DAYTRADING profits, will try to make it best 3-day if Friday is as active as previous 2 days 

Almost totally NQ daytrading today & most of yesterday,  except limits orders placed and filled to buy UVXY CALLS, 5 SPY & 5 QQQ PUTS (did not expect this to be filled so fast but this has been a poweful rally!)

Still holding all TLT CALLS. 

I want to again focus on NQ daytrading to end the month tomorrow. Will place LIMITS Orders to buy more SPY & QQQ PUTS if market rallies. 

I may close a few TLT CALLS as we end July

#96 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 07:35 AM

MORE SHORT NQ TRADES THIS MORNING, BUT THE rally resumes soon.... 

This could be a VERY BIG DAY - UP, to end a great week for BULLS, a turnaround month, and set the stage for  more rallies in August. 

I will be building a BIG -- HUGE - SHORT POSITION

#97 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 07:45 AM

This is true but SENTIMENT and MOMENTUM are far more important.... hence, the rally. 

That big Apple "beat" last night happened to be a -11% decline in profits year over year. Inflation-adjusted it was a -20% decline. Wall Street is on maximum smoke and mirrors now to cover up this recession.

------
August has usually been my worst month. After 7 profitable months, the law of averages may demand a losing month but I am 

going to try very hard to gain at least 0.25 % on my total account. 

#98 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 07:48 AM

Percent of $SPX stocks at 20-day new highs rose above 55% for first time since June 2020 (concept thanks to Jeff DeGraaf). This marks the 3rd breadth thrust signal in the last 8 trading sessions. Broader than off the March and May lows.

#99 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 07:49 AM

ES 4250 to 4300 could be reached next week! 

Just over 55% of $SPX closed at new 20-day highs yesterday. That triggers a breadth thrust in our work - the first since June 2020.

Percent of $SPX stocks at 20-day new highs rose above 55% for first time since June 2020 (concept thanks to Jeff DeGraaf). This marks the 3rd breadth thrust signal in the last 8 trading sessions. Broader than off the March and May lows.

#100 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 07:54 AM

The latest from Tom, free, you can subscribe

You can sign up to receive the Chart In Focus article series by email for free, no strings attached, and we won't spam you or share your email with anyone else. It is just a way for more people to get acquainted with our work. Visit http://mcoscillator.com to sign up.

JOLTS Data Following NYSE A-D Line Downward

jolts_data_july2022.gif

https://www.mcoscill..._line_downward/