the top might be in

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 08:09 AM

Dax -1.50% exactly when it's at the touch with the dynamic resistance coming down from last year highs......spx at the touch with the very same dynamic resistance. I cannot say for sure this is going to mark the top, but 

from now up to the end of August it will be a time window when every day is good to resume the bearish trend. It might be a bear trap and some more up sessions might occurr, but I think we are in dangerous waters.

The robot engineered bounce is in its last stages.  

Edited by andr99, 17 August 2022 - 08:10 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:18 AM

like Swiss made clocks both the Dax and the ftsemibtel are down deeply after touching the dynamic trend line that connects the relative highs from last year top.......if this ST correction goes on two or three more days and then

the two indexes bounce back to touch again the same trend line at lower levels without broking it up, well to me that' s it...the awaited secondary top

Edited by andr99, 17 August 2022 - 10:20 AM.

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:36 AM

I seriously doubt the top is in.....Why?  Because I exited my equity positions yesterday and moved to an all-cash position and there is NO WAY my timing could be that good! LMAO!

Seriously,  the cycles are lining up perfectly.  There was a turn on Aug. 16th (High) and another turn is due Aug 22nd, + or - 1 TD.    The BIG Cycle turns are Sept 2-5th time frame and Sept. 16th is the highest probability for a big turn out the gate.   If I were a betting Man (which I'm not any longer, I am simply risk averse) I'd place my bet that we TOP mid-September.  Martin Armstrong has the possibility open for a crash hitting the first week of September.  I follow and respect him but I still think the September 16th date is a significant one.   Traders, I'd be out of all ETF's and equities by the time September gets here.  I think the 4th quarter will be ripe for Shorting the market.  From September thru 1st Quarter of 2023 the markets will be volatile as [bleeeep]!

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:44 AM

I seriously doubt the top is in.....Why?  Because I exited my equity positions yesterday and moved to an all-cash position and there is NO WAY my timing could be that good! LMAO!

LOL.........that' s the funniest reason I' ve ever come to hear. However I' m in cash too, because I need more signs before taking position. Thank you for the good laugh......if all in this forum had your same attitude, everything

would be a lot more pleasant 

Edited by andr99, 17 August 2022 - 10:45 AM.

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:54 AM

FOMC minutes today which will say what----that FED could pivot? Didn't the market rally last FOMC based on that hypothesis?

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 11:50 AM

however in favour of a top occurring here, there' s the fact that cheif has recently become hyperactive. When he posts two or three times daily, you know some sort of correction is close. Today's market action fully proves

that. 

Edited by andr99, 17 August 2022 - 11:52 AM.

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:36 PM

Seriously,  the cycles are lining up perfectly.  There was a turn on Aug. 16th (High) and another turn is due Aug 22nd, + or - 1 TD.    The BIG Cycle turns are Sept 2-5th time frame and Sept. 16th is the highest probability for a big turn out the gate.   If I were a betting Man (which I'm not any longer, I am simply risk averse) I'd place my bet that we TOP mid-September.  Martin Armstrong has the possibility open for a crash hitting the first week of September.  I follow and respect him but I still think the September 16th date is a significant one.   Traders, I'd be out of all ETF's and equities by the time September gets here.  I think the 4th quarter will be ripe for Shorting the market.  From September thru 1st Quarter of 2023 the markets will be volatile as [bleeeep]!

I have same opinion. Market will be lower in next couple of months than current levels.

However I  will be a net buyer if such dips occur. Otherwise I am mostly flat and happy.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 04:30 PM

evrybody is looking for a crash due to bond issuance. I said that here months ago. It depends on how much they actually issue

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 01:44 AM

now it doesn' t seem this is the top.....just a false start. End of August remains the most suspected date for the top........

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:32 AM

if we don' t overcome quickly that dynamic spx trend line obtained connecting all the relative highs from last year top, there' s a good chance we saw the top yesterday. We are at a decision point. We break up and the top is not in, we correct a bit more then we get back to touch that dynamic trend line and that is it...the secondary top a few are waiting for. However, even if we topped yesterday and it well might be so the real impulsive movement to the downside should not start before the end of August. My FF 

Edited by andr99, 18 August 2022 - 09:35 AM.