The BOUNCE, then the PLUNGE, again

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#91 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 07:16 AM

Commodities running again on war in Eurasia. How does this make it even remotely possible for Powell to pause rate hikes? Wheat breaking out?

What a evil clown this Biden has turned out to be---he is plunging US into what is likely depression unlike 1929. Who is going to pay for all these weapons they're going to want to produce?

Edited by linrom1, 21 September 2022 - 07:19 AM.

#92 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:01 AM

Whew tired this morning!! Stayed up way to late watching The Fifth Day on Apple, couldn't stop watching it lol!!  The best part was my original long was taken out for a 1 point profit and I did a couple more but going to bed so late I saw the market dropping so I started my long build at 3865 and am still in it with a profit stop of 3885 going into the cash open.  This is unofficial as I didn't post it here but everyone knows I'm the only guy on the site going long it seems lol!!!  Wish my lower buy was hit but nonetheless I'm not surprised were not waking up to a crash once again as everyone is so bearish and put premiums even with this rally are still way to high.  Everyone has to admit the market seems to be holding up well considering the rise in interest rates and maybe some day people are going to admit we are in a traders market, grind grind grind, not a hopers crash market right now!! 

#93 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:08 AM

Btw, I'm still sticking to my forecast that the Fed is only going 3/4 at the most even if they do at all and are going to say they will watch the data for further increases.  If not they truly want the economy to go into the tank and everyone really suffer and so then maybe I'll agree that the market could see a crash instead of a grind up and down to that -50% haircut.  The one thing I won't do though is make a bunch of radical calls before I here the announcement no matter what the market does, I'll play it more afterwards but for now still think long is the right play.

#94 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:25 AM

Basically, that's also my take. 75bps -- if they go for 100 (THEY SHOULD!) then there will be a rapid plunge and a reversal before end of trading. 

POWELL could hint no more 75bps and bury this hint somewhere in the few sentences he will offer to explain FED's policy of taking it meeting by meeting, based 

on data blah blah blah 

There have been rallies after ever FED rate rise recently so that has to be the predictable outcome. 

However, whether today or during the next 2 to 3 weeks, the markets will drop and retest the 2022 LOWS. Earnings warnings, results etc will play a 

significant part in the market's direction

Btw, I'm still sticking to my forecast that the Fed is only going 3/4 at the most even if they do at all and are going to say they will watch the data for further increases.  If not they truly want the economy to go into the tank and everyone really suffer and so then maybe I'll agree that the market could see a crash instead of a grind up and down to that -50% haircut.  The one thing I won't do though is make a bunch of radical calls before I here the announcement no matter what the market does, I'll play it more afterwards but for now still think long is the right play.

#95 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:46 AM

Earnings warnings, results etc will play a 

significant part in the market's direction

Somebody gets it...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#96 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 08:56 AM

Yup earnings will be a big part of it and add to the "grind" so will make trading exciting!!  Profit stop, 3890....

#97 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:21 AM

Market rallying ... giving us a nice high, possibly above ES 3910 for shorting

Will buy for LT  -- MSFT, NVDA, AMD and several BIG TECH stocks and banks -- but only below ES 3850 

#98 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:26 AM

2 yr about to join 1 yr above 4%?

Fed still has a long way to go to catch up...

Edited by K Wave, 21 September 2022 - 09:26 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#99 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:29 AM

Value Line GEO finished yesterday right where the 2020 crash wave started...I know I know...didn't happen in a day so wasn't' a crash...just a very steep grindrolleyes.gif

#100 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:32 AM

Meanwhile... and this could be more important than most other issues in determining market behavior: 

EkMHInGv_normal.jpg

#Breaking: just in - The traffic jam at the border with #Russia/#Finland has pilled up to 35KM and is rising by the hour, it is the only border who is still open for Russian civilians with shengen visas, after #Putin announced he will send 300.000 new troops to #Ukraine.