Joe six pack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:28 AM

told me he is bearish and he is confident he will make a lot of money with his short positions in the stock market

Edited by andr99, 25 October 2022 - 08:28 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:36 AM

a neighborough of mine too,  believes the stock market will thumble. He heard the radio say it ten days ago and he believes the media always say the truth................luckily he doesn' t put money in the stock market, at least. 

Edited by andr99, 25 October 2022 - 08:37 AM.

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:19 AM

a neighborough neighbor of mine too, believes the stock market will thumble tumble. He heard the radio say it ten days ago and he believes the media always say says (or tells) the truth................luckily he doesn' t doesn't put money in the stock market, at least. 

The media only shares what's scripted by those who create opinion...very few do any research of their own anymore in spite of having the world at their keyboard.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:34 AM

thank you for the corrections, first of all.....I' m grateful to all those helping me with English, because I don't take care to go and look at a dictionary, so thank you for that. As for the rest I was a bit ironic about the average investor. 

BTW....I didn't know media is singular in English because in italian it's plural, so now I've learned something new

Edited by andr99, 25 October 2022 - 09:36 AM.

#5 89S10

89S10

• TT Member+
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 11:59 AM

medium, media
  • Article
  • 06/24/2022
  • 2 minutes to read
  • 5 contributors
Feedback

Use medium, not media, as a singular subject. Ensure that the verb agrees with the subject (that is, the medium is and the media are).

Use media to describe:

• Materials or substances, such as fiber optic cable or wire, through which data is transmitted.
  • Materials on which data is recorded or stored, such as magnetic disks, CDs, or tapes.
  • The mass-communications industry and its practitioners, such as publishing and broadcasting.
  • Journalists as a group, whether they're published in print or on the web, or broadcast.

Don't use media as a shortened form of multimedia.

Examples
The media include online broadcasts as well as newspapers, magazines, radio, and television.
The media covers computer industry news.
The medium used for many large computer programs is the DVD-ROM.

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 01:27 PM

joe six pack today added to his short positions....I'm sure

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 01:57 PM

my neighbor is not joe six pack, but probably a cousin of his

he thinks that radio and tv can inform people about the right stock market direction. Ten days ago I told him the stock market was headed higher till year end and he replied ''also the radio has said it is going lower'' and as I told

him the radio was wrong he added he would keep track of what I was saying. 

Edited by andr99, 25 October 2022 - 01:57 PM.