Call me crazy....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 02:54 PM

I just purchased ZROZ & LQD..... they WILL outperform equities.....

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 03:28 PM

OK...you're CRAZY! yes.gif

Kidding aside, you're actually early on anything interest rate driven on the long side.

I do post various A/D lines every week over on the Market Analysis Board that provide the timing on such products.

I suggest that you use the standard SAR indicator as a stop for now to keep any losses small.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 03:41 PM

cycletimer, according to bigcharts.marketwatch.com the ZROZ ETF has a 2.99% yield which I don't understand since I assume that this is an ETF constructed of zero coupon bonds which individually don't pay a dividend.  Do you understand how this ETF has a yield?  Also, good luck, I too like trying to catch falling knives and have the puncture wound scars to prove it.

Regards,

Douglas

#4 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:32 PM

cycletimer, according to bigcharts.marketwatch.com the ZROZ ETF has a 2.99% yield which I don't understand since I assume that this is an ETF constructed of zero coupon bonds which individually don't pay a dividend.  Do you understand how this ETF has a yield?  Also, good luck, I too like trying to catch falling knives and have the puncture wound scars to prove it.

Regards,

Douglas

I think it has some yield oriented bonds in a portion of its portfolio.  Look, it's down 50% for the year as of today.  There was an Oppenheimer strategist who has since passed away, I forgot his name.  he would buy the worst performing asset class at the end of any given year and the following year, that purchase would outperform in almost every case.  I purchased a 1/2 a position and plan to buy the other half a little further down...or on strength in the rare event I got the timing right!

#5 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:33 PM

Regards,

Douglas

Thanks Douglas, These were half normal position size.  I do have solid conviction these will be much higher in NAV next year and I'll earn interest payments as I wait.  

#6 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 11:05 AM

OK...you're CRAZY! yes.gif

Kidding aside, you're actually early on anything interest rate driven on the long side.

I do post various A/D lines every week over on the Market Analysis Board that provide the timing on such products.

I suggest that you use the standard SAR indicator as a stop for now to keep any losses small.

Fib

Not too early for banks. They should outperform until the end of the year. (JMHO)

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 09:15 AM

Not that crazy at all…perfect timing….kudos!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions