Photo

BULLISH Seasonality -- beware of PULLBACKs!

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#131 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 12:09 PM

Okay starting a new long build at 3975 see how it goes have to leave to see my daughter who is leaving on tour for the weekend with her band and partners birthday prep lol!!  Good luck everyone....

#132 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 06:27 AM

Will add to LONGS opened yesterday

GOOGL is my favorite stock  - very strong

TLT still above 100, will add CALLS below 98 

Will buy HANGS SENG below 17600 - CHIna reopening slowly but MUST reopen now

#133 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 07:52 AM

Rusty reaching pullback target zone...

Much lower than this and full reversal of the CPI ramp becomes a possibility...that would not be good.

See if bull can step up here or not...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#134 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:20 AM

Good morning, well isn't this interesting to wake up to.  When I went to bed last night the market was nicely up and I expected to see it continue this morning but I wake up to it down.  Right now I'm liking having my profit stops on as I was out for a 5 point profit and just started a long build for the day at 3925...

#135 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:28 AM

Interesting that were down this much considering all options seem neutral down but I do see bonds have backed up a bit.  Again likely an adjustment for expiration tomorrow as we were right at the upper end of my November cycle numbers.  Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to the employment data in a couple minutes.

#136 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:32 AM

Watch Apple here...145 is KEY, especially if UNH breaks 500

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#137 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:35 AM

Apple hourly...note the precision throwover top...

145 is for all the marbles with that now declining hourly (and 2,3,4 hour) structure...

AAPL.png

#138 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:38 AM

Dow still beastly strong...but it did stall right where expected at 34K...

Would need under 32K for bears to have any shot at reclaiming supremacy there...

And really under 30K to break it...

#139 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:40 AM

In any event. last time we had a situation like this was 2001, with Naz super weak (STILL under 900 day), while Dow ramped.

Was NOT a great time to be long....see if this one plays out differently soon....

#140 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:42 AM

Remember...the BIG market cap still in the Big 5 (although getting less big a time goes on)...and actually Berkshire just took Tesla's number 5 slot.

Berkshire 300 level super key going forward...

Edited by K Wave, 17 November 2022 - 08:42 AM.