Photo

BULLISH Seasonality -- beware of PULLBACKs!

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#61 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:51 AM

And this is why I say this is a grind market, flips so fast, profit stop 4020 and 12000...

#62 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:53 AM

I want to start selling OPTIONS -- on a regular basis. I do now now but only a few lots and mainly hedging. 

Will work on strategies when market slows down in second half of December 

Slllloooowwww start this morning as I realized why I was so tired yesterday.  I did 23 trades in total yesterday, all profitable of course but sitting at a computer for 7 straight hours is tiring, don't want to do that again lol!!  This is why option selling is so much easier lol!!  With the market up last night and now after the PPI data I'm in for an average short of 4018 now with this pop up.  Don't think its as exciting as the CPI report though in the end as bonds aren't backing as much and starting to creep the other way.  Be interesting how we end the day.  More importantly though is expiration and as I said we are now at my November cycle numbers so not sure how much more upside we can get here but the market is fluid we'll see.  I'll wait till the cash open to see if I'm going to add more to this short...

#63 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:54 AM

There we go out for a 10 point profit and 75 point profit on the ndx as I was adjusting the profit stop....

#64 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:55 AM

Bears attacking the Dow pivot

And still holding....

until that broken, bulls still got it

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#65 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:58 AM

I want to start selling OPTIONS -- on a regular basis. I do now now but only a few lots and mainly hedging. 

Will work on strategies when market slows down in second half of December 

Slllloooowwww start this morning as I realized why I was so tired yesterday.  I did 23 trades in total yesterday, all profitable of course but sitting at a computer for 7 straight hours is tiring, don't want to do that again lol!!  This is why option selling is so much easier lol!!  With the market up last night and now after the PPI data I'm in for an average short of 4018 now with this pop up.  Don't think its as exciting as the CPI report though in the end as bonds aren't backing as much and starting to creep the other way.  Be interesting how we end the day.  More importantly though is expiration and as I said we are now at my November cycle numbers so not sure how much more upside we can get here but the market is fluid we'll see.  I'll wait till the cash open to see if I'm going to add more to this short...

Lets private chat as I'll tell you more what I have on, I only put my trades up once in a while.  This cycle was on the 4000's already out awhile ago and 4200 and 3300 puts for nice profit's of $8 and $13.  Can't see us hitting 4200 by Friday lol!!  CAn't believe the 4200's are still worth $1 though lol!! 

#66 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 11:00 AM

and attempt number 3....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#67 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 11:10 AM

and 33800 finally holds as resistance...now see if bears can do something

#68 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 11:12 AM

and Dow PPI pop fully reversed...

Buy the first blatantly obvious reduction in inflation, and Sell the 2nd?

#69 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 11:25 AM

UNH just layin' on the floor as 33800 battle plays out

#70 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 11:34 AM

and bulls take it back one more time...now we see if they can take out 34k

next trip under 33800 should be a solid sell