MKT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:05 PM

I find it rather interesting that the MACD Histo(2,10,14) on the daily SPX chart has been

putting in positive divergence for about a week now. This typically results in a move to the

upside. I'm glad I'm a day trader and don't carry trades overnight because I'm really bearish

but this indicator seems to be saying that the mkt wants to make a run to the upside. Go figure.

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:17 PM

That's an interesting observation. I never use macd much and never seen those settings before. I plugged them and had a look. Thanks, I may keep this in the old tool bag

#3 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:51 PM

You're quite welcome.

#4 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 04:58 PM

I find it rather interesting that the MACD Histo(2,10,14) on the daily SPX chart has been

putting in positive divergence for about a week now. This typically results in a move to the

upside. I'm glad I'm a day trader and don't carry trades overnight because I'm really bearish

but this indicator seems to be saying that the mkt wants to make a run to the upside. Go figure.

I uses MACD 12,26,9 histo combined with CCI 20 and both showing obvious divergences with SPX price ...........................

#5 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:04 PM

Nice combination to use the CCI with the MACD.