Photo

BULLISH: Not fighting FED, Central Banks, Governments -- FED Dovishness this week

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#41 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 11:10 AM

Also watch Dow here dead ahead...failure to hold the breakout backtest could be a problem...

Especially if Apple finally flinches...

But if Dow holds, and Apple keeps chuggin', then likely more upside left.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#42 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 11:37 AM

I don't think the opening gap will be filled today.  Rather, the market is likely to close at high ........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 21 March 2023 - 11:40 AM.

#43 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 11:39 AM

I'm back,,,, tired but back!!!  As I said mostly trading long last week and starting yesterday going short as calls are getting way to exuberant for this move especially as bonds are creeping back up, sticking to my 3.50-4.00 range for the grind to continue.  Think its hilarious this whole response to saving the banks but there is a good chance of it biting them in the {bleeeep} if it does continue to grow.  If one more goes that may be it for awhile for the sector.  Right now it's all joy though so we'll see.  Average short is 4001 now so we'll see what happens today.  It's back to tennis and after playing yesterday I'm exhausted lol!!  A lot of difference hiking and playing tennis lol, see how today goes and the market response as we approach the Fed's decision tomorrow to raise a .25%.  

Good to see your shorts again sweatingbullets.gif

#44 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 02:30 PM

The Fed probably will raise by 25 BPTs, the key is what Powell will say during the press conference scheduled at 2:30 pm tomorrow .......................

Edited by redfoliage2, 21 March 2023 - 02:36 PM.

#45 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 02:44 PM

All you need to know is that some of today's biggest gainers are: COINBASE and JP10Y.

#46 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 03:03 PM

I don't think the opening gap will be filled today.  Rather, the market is likely to close at high ........................

As I predicted SPX closed above 4000, pending to break out .....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 21 March 2023 - 03:04 PM.

#47 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 06:46 PM

I'm back,,,, tired but back!!!  As I said mostly trading long last week and starting yesterday going short as calls are getting way to exuberant for this move especially as bonds are creeping back up, sticking to my 3.50-4.00 range for the grind to continue.  Think its hilarious this whole response to saving the banks but there is a good chance of it biting them in the {bleeeep} if it does continue to grow.  If one more goes that may be it for awhile for the sector.  Right now it's all joy though so we'll see.  Average short is 4001 now so we'll see what happens today.  It's back to tennis and after playing yesterday I'm exhausted lol!!  A lot of difference hiking and playing tennis lol, see how today goes and the market response as we approach the Fed's decision tomorrow to raise a .25%.  

Good to see your shorts again sweatingbullets.gif

Call premiums are incredible for selling which is nice!!  Good to see the bulls coming out after the fact stating the obvious but that's always easy after the move lo!!l  Average short now 4010....

#48 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 08:29 PM

GURGAVIN (@gurgavin) tweeted at 10:30 AM on Mon, Mar 20, 2023:

FOMC RATE HIKE ESTIMATES

NOMURA - 25 BPS ( EXPECTS RATE CUT)

BARCLAYS 0 BPS
CREDIT SUISSE 0 BPS
GOLDMAN SACHS 0 BPS

BMO 25 BPS
CIBC 25 BPS
CITI 25 BPS
BLOOMBERG 25 BPS
JP MORGAN 25 BPS
GURGAVIN CAPITAL 25 BPS
MORGAN STANLEY 25 BPS
RBC 25 BPS

KPMG 50 BPS

MEDIAN 25 BPS

#49 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 08:28 AM

I'd be surprised if they don't go .25 although I have been believing they would have stopped a while ago but what is coming true about what I said is that banks are having troubles and the economy is slowing and this will keep the grind going with rallies here and there.  Bonds have refused to go along with them seemingly stuck between 3.50-4.00 with the market going up as bonds are around 3.50% and down as they approach 4.00%.  One thing I do know is that no one really knows what is going to happen on these days as you get the initial reaction up or down and then another during the question period.  I would think spike down then a recovery as usual lol!!  Nonetheless I'm short with an average 4010 as calls are way to exuberant looking forward to good news so we may see some volatility for sure lol!! 

#50 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 08:51 AM

REIT continues to look ugly as they levitate Apple....

When Apple does finally turn.............

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy