BULLISH BREAKOUT.. but bearish/inflationary OPEC OUTPUT CUT

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:20 PM

I FOLLOW X TRENDS.... HE is now very bearish. If ES TRADES above or near 4200 I will increase SHORTS.
But markets very resilient as indicated by strength tonight after crude rallied 7%

xTrends has had some decent calls...

He said Mega Caps one last blast...CHECK

And then "a generational" bear move...TBD

He make no bones about what he is expecting on his feed

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

"This is just just a powerful bear market rally on low volume and weak breadth.... once the pattern breaks, it will be a bidless beast"

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:24 PM

Tonight is a great example of the best Trading Rule: Trade the market action, price action, not the news, or popular "logic"

CRUDE & ES are trading in tandem, not inversely. HANG SENG opened red, then green, then flat.

All that CRUDE 7% RALLY has so far not affected equities. It will, but just trade price action.

#13 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:27 PM

OTOH the Dems love power and going into an election year, they will do everything to keep it. The Willow project was approved and we are coming close to our highest level of domestic production.

Edited by MikeyG, 02 April 2023 - 08:30 PM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#14 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:31 PM

IF we are going down...watch Schwab and PNC early this week for signs of that...

If they both break to substantial new lows, then trouble likely brewing....

Also watch GS 320 and JPM 125.

Driving that train, high on cocaine. Casey Jones you better, watch your speed. Trouble ahead, trouble behind. And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#15 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:07 PM

I FOLLOW X TRENDS.... HE is now very bearish. If ES TRADES above or near 4200 I will increase SHORTS.
But markets very resilient as indicated by strength tonight after crude rallied 7%

"This is just just a powerful bear market rally on low volume and weak breadth.... once the pattern breaks, it will be a bidless beast"

Isn't this guy almost always bearish?

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 06:09 AM

Busy data week, MARCH NFM report on EASTER GOOD FRIDAY??

This Weeks Economic Data Include March Jobs Report
The Labor Departments jobs report coming Friday will be this weeks economic highlight. Economists expect U.S. employers to have added 200,000 jobs in March, compared with 311,000 nonfarm payrolls added in February.

On Tuesday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics will release the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey. Economists forecast 10.45 million job openings at the end of February, a decline of nearly 400,000 job openings from the prior month. Openings peaked at 12 million in March 2022.
Nashville, Tenn., topped the list of 2022s hottest job markets, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing analysis with Moodys Analytics. Austin, Texas, and Jacksonville, Fla., followed, and tourism-focused cities such as Orlando, Las Vegas, and New Orleans climbed the rankings.
On Wednesday, ADP will release its private payrolls for March. Analysts expect the economy to add 200,000 private-sector jobs, about 42,000 fewer than in February. Wage growth increased 7.2% year-over-year in February, led by the 10.1% gain in the leisure and hospitality industry.
The Labor Department on Thursday will report initial jobless claims for the week ended April 1. Jobless claims averaged 198,250 in March and remain low despite nine interest-rate increases by the Federal Reserve since March 2022.
Whats Next: Economists consensus is that the unemployment rate will stay at 3.6%, near a historic low. Job growth has surpassed expectations for 11 consecutive months, the longest streak since at least 1998, according to Bloomberg data.

Nicholas Jasinski and Janet H. Cho

McDonalds Is Latest to Prepare for Layoffs

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 06:11 AM

He has been right more than wrong during the BEAR MARKET OF 2022. I do not subscribe to his paid service so do not know his actual trade recommendations

Isn't this guy almost always bearish?

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:02 AM

Worst FED! Bunch of shallow arrogant talkers.

FED'S BULLARD: ON RATE OUTLOOK, MARKETS SHOULD LISTEN TO ME.

#19 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:29 AM

Lots of bulls coming out of the woodwork this weekend, not surprising with the rally we've seen on fumes and very pricey call options.  First time I've had to hold a trade for 2 days now lol!!  Added a little bringing my average to 4085.  See how the day goes but with the market extremely overbought, bond market remaining higher and call options remaining super overpriced so we'll see how this holiday week goes, should be fun!! 

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 08:38 AM

Wow took a look around on some even closer options and I can't believe the insane prices they are asking, pure gambling!!!