Liberation Day

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:11 AM

here, today. They celebrate the end of WW2. They celebrate the day they were freed by someone else (the US by the way) instead of freeing their land by themselves. There are flags everywhere today. It's a pity my grandfathers are not still alive. I'm still young because I'm the youngest son of the youngest sons of them. Both of them took part in WW1. The father of my father fought the whole WW1 while the father of my mother took part and was decorated, in the two final battles that saw the defeat of the Austrian-German army on the southern front. WW1 was bloody, ferocious, cruel, merciless to an extent that many have forgotten and bringing to collapse the Austrian-German army (there were also some German divisions that were deployed here after the armistice between Germany and Russia) thus bringing WW1 to end, was an act of extreme strenght by our divisions that had iron balls, all divisions made up by us Northerners for most part. I was a little kid when the only one surviving of them two died. The other one died before I was born and was jailed as a civilian by the fascists during WW2. And it's to him that my thought always goes when I see all these flags and I hear all the rethorics on tv about the meaning of today 25th of April. To me it means the day that Europe was unable to free itself. All those who used to wear a black fascist shirt, suddendly changed colour and started to wear a red shirt. Many or most of those that today are celebrating the anti-fascist day are those that yesterday had a black shirt. That's why I would like to see my two grandfathers still alive. I can't image how many of today's anti-fascists with a fascist past they would kick in the a-s-s.  

My bitter thoughts on human nature. 

Edited by andr99, 25 April 2023 - 08:17 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:31 PM

I was told Italian stallions are lovers, not fighters. My last boss was Italian born, Pishotta, and he chased every good looking women in the company. we had 750 employees so lot to choose from.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Wutan

Wutan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 07:12 PM

https://en.wikipedia...t_(World_War_I)

Late 1918 Austria had defeated the Italian army and moved far into today's Northern Italy, from Lago di Garda down to almost Treviso. 

South Tyrol (I guess you call it Alto Adige) was only lost after the Monarchy broke down. Lets say both sides suffered immensely.

Lets also not forget the horrors the population of South Tyrol suffered after it was annexed by Italy after the war.

https://en.wikipedia..._of_South_Tyrol

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 01:09 AM

Austrians had won at Caporetto, which was before the two decisive final battles which they lost......

''By October 1918, Italy finally had enough soldiers to mount an offensive. The attack targeted Vittorio Veneto, across the Piave. The Italian Army broke through a gap near Sacile and poured in reinforcements that crushed the Austro-Hungarian defensive line. On 31 October, the Italian Army launched a full scale attack and the whole front began to collapse. On 3 November, 300,000 Austro-Hungarian soldiers surrendered, at the same day the Italians entered Trento and Trieste, greeted by the population''.

My grandfather was there, in that offensive.  

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 01:41 AM

I was told Italian stallions are lovers, not fighters. My last boss was Italian born, Pishotta, and he chased every good looking women in the company. we had 750 employees so lot to choose from.

Instead in the North we do run after women, but we're also fighters......  

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 03:02 AM

It's comical how we have been depicted.......for half world we fight wars eating pizzas and singing ''funiculì, funiculà''......

I'm quite sure my grandfather was eating pizza and singing ''funiculì, funiculà'' (which by the way are a southern dish and a southern song, while he was certified Northern italian both for his look and his temperament)  when he was attacking the Austrian-

German positions that were shooting at him..........

You know, we are funny people, when they shoot at us, we sing because we're happy......and when someone of us is hit, we run to thank the one who shooted him

Let's say it....we're funny

Edited by andr99, 26 April 2023 - 03:11 AM.

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 05:12 AM

Wutan....I call it Sud Tirolo (Sud Tyrol) not Alto Adige and I would give it back to Austria which is where it belongs. By the way we fought the Austrians, but we never hated them.