SQUEEZE on SHORTS - seasonally bearish MAY

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#91 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 01:17 PM

Get SOXS over 21 and bears may have bit more to say....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#92 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 01:18 PM

Need to fully turn 1 min first though....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#93 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 03:25 PM

Hmmmmm while out and about was able to pick up about 15 points going long and short but in the end back into being short for a build overnight starting at 4140....

#94 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 04:12 PM

AMD...just a "slight" 64% haircut on PC chips YOY 

Not getting hit that bad all things considered

#95 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 04:16 PM

Should scare the bejeezuz out of Apple holders.....but probably wont...

Just sell more overpriced phones!

#96 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 04:18 PM

Guess I'll never get how a person can call a down market a bull, guess its to attract buyers.  Don't get me wrong I do believe if a person is going to buy you want to buy at lows like I did on 09 at 667 right after Mark Haines declared it a "bottom"but I still believe a true bull market is when the market makes new all time highs and leaves the old one far behind.  So far were so far away from new highs and the market is figuring out its true next direction, I'll stick to my grind belief with an average short of 4145 now.  We've only been up for two days past everyone saying we were headed lower lol!!  Market is overbought, very expensive with a slowing economy, bond yields are high, sentiment way to bullish according to volatility and call prices are insanely bullish so we'll see how this week ends...

For a day trader it is bull market if stocks advance 1% during the day.

That is my issue with all these predictions. Nobody ever spells out time frame and aprox percentage gain or loss during the time frame.
You know why? Because even AI can't predict markets with consistency.

Edited by pdx5, 02 May 2023 - 04:21 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#97 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 04:19 PM

IF SOX manages to climb out over 3040 after AMD, then you know bears would be in trouble...

Next few days should be MUY INTERESANTE

#98 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 04:58 PM

What comes after nosebleed levels - cerebral hemorrhage levels?

nvda.png

#99 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 05:17 PM

Guess I'll never get how a person can call a down market a bull, guess its to attract buyers.  Don't get me wrong I do believe if a person is going to buy you want to buy at lows like I did on 09 at 667 right after Mark Haines declared it a "bottom"but I still believe a true bull market is when the market makes new all time highs and leaves the old one far behind.  So far were so far away from new highs and the market is figuring out its true next direction, I'll stick to my grind belief with an average short of 4145 now.  We've only been up for two days past everyone saying we were headed lower lol!!  Market is overbought, very expensive with a slowing economy, bond yields are high, sentiment way to bullish according to volatility and call prices are insanely bullish so we'll see how this week ends...

For a day trader it is bull market if stocks advance 1% during the day.

That is my issue with all these predictions. Nobody ever spells out time frame and aprox percentage gain or loss during the time frame.
You know why? Because even AI can't predict markets with consistency.

Totally agree but I would call a 1% advance a 1% advance.  I never say bull or bear anyway but have stuck with my two predictions where one has been true for a year now, grind grind grind, that's what the market is doing and my other call is that I believe sometime this year we will see lower lows.  This time period is similar to me from 2000 to 2008, market was up in the end but not off lows very much and never made new all time highs.  Right now were still not finished that 2000-2001 correction period yet but we'll see and I'll trade accordingly with my sold options.

#100 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 06:12 PM

Just a little over 1% to go - no sweat for a fed day.

aapl.png