SQUEEZE on SHORTS - seasonally bearish MAY

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#201 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 04:26 PM

$90 billion in new buybacks. Like MSFT great results.Should pump tomorrow.

#202 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 05:37 PM

Well that was a fun day trading long, after being stopped out for a 1 point profit, went long again at 4070 and out at 90 for a 20 point profit then long again at 4075 out at 4085 for another 10-points.  All unofficial though as I never posted them but you knew my idea was up.  Currently have a long again at 4075 and we'll see if it holds overnight or not, likely profit stop before bed.  Should be fun tomorrow morning after the employment report.  Down almost -2% for the week so could be an interesting end to the week with the market getting oversold and put prices finally starting to inflate a bit!! 

#203 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 08:39 PM

Very bright full moon forming over Texas tonight as I drive home...

Apple did not clear 170 after hours... And unemployment in the morn....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#204 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:12 AM

My FF Friday Jobs report:

BULLISH

POTENTIAL FOR 3% PLUS MARKETS RALLY

BUT: DEBT LIMIT ISSUE now more important.
And UKRAINE/TAIWAN situation re: Russia/Iran/China

#205 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:16 AM

Another SQUEEZE to end the week.
But, market looks toppy, struggling, this may be the highest for Month of MAY 2023.
Could be next week is the best time to SELL IN MAY...

Well that was a fun day trading long, after being stopped out for a 1 point profit, went long again at 4070 and out at 90 for a 20 point profit then long again at 4075 out at 4085 for another 10-points.  All unofficial though as I never posted them but you knew my idea was up.  Currently have a long again at 4075 and we'll see if it holds overnight or not, likely profit stop before bed.  Should be fun tomorrow morning after the employment report.  Down almost -2% for the week so could be an interesting end to the week with the market getting oversold and put prices finally starting to inflate a bit!! 

#206 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:18 AM

My FF is One final AAPL rally, could be ATHs, then the long slow bleed... unless AAPL manages to reap the benefits of AI in their products/services.

Very bright full moon forming over Texas tonight as I drive home...

Apple did not clear 170 after hours... And unemployment in the morn....

#207 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:24 AM

Still have a hot mess of conflicting signals here, but perhaps after Da Numbas today things begin to sync up for a directional move.

NAZ COMP sitting right on the daily 900, so if it holds, and SOX holds, that could lend some credence to bulls case.

But if both fail, and Trannies Utes and REIT dive, then bears look a bit better...

Tons of dry powder here after making some nice scores over last couple of days (both long AND short), with Uber and GS being the biggest ones going in exact opposite directions.

Individual stocks still far easier to play for any kind of decent move than the indexes

But...maybe....indexes could finally be just about to start a trend move after being in stall mode for quite a while here...

Edited by K Wave, 05 May 2023 - 06:26 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#208 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:31 AM

Looking like a nice 45 min pivot now set on Naz continuous.

bears have to take that to have any kind of chance now....

still using 13K as the big bull / bear line for now.

Edited by K Wave, 05 May 2023 - 06:32 AM.

#209 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:34 AM

and since it ALL comes down to Apple...one more hold at the big line.

back under 168 now could be first hint that launch attempt is at risk of failure...

#210 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:35 AM

Morning meltup suggests WALL ST INFLUENCERS know and/or believe JOBS REPORT is bullish.

Only my ALIBABA & HANG SENG LONGS are lagging. China still struggling even though their "DATA" is bullish. Chinese fleeing to good ol US of A

https://www.nbcnews....s/amp/rcna77244