Time runing out on BULLS - DEBT CEILING hanging over market

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#61 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 07:31 AM

NOT GOOD, especially since RECESSION has not yet started. Q2 GDP outlook looks positive.

Longview Economics (@Lvieweconomics) tweeted at 6:53 AM on Thu, May 11, 2023:
Share of credit card holders in the US falling into "serious delinquency".

Young people are struggling
https://t.co/veXInk1yT4

Now imagine if the Covid funny money had not come along on that chart.

Don't worry, that trajectory will eventually re-assert itself, barring another funny money giveaway..

A debt jubilee needs to be seriously considered at some point, or the rentier class may have more worries than just a stock market drop on their hands...certainly would not be the first time in history that indebtedness and concentration of wealth had led to big trouble...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#62 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 07:31 AM

Took all night but I finally got my 4140 short fill to start my build again.  Market remains heavy and doesn't feel right with bonds high, vix low but options are pretty neutral as we move towards this expiration cycles end this Friday.  More grind grind grind likely but hopefully tech will help it a bit with the fake rally due to AI but the worry about a economic slowdown is holding the ES back.  Sure doesn't make sense with bonds this high either way.....profit stop 4139 for the cash open sell above...

#63 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 07:34 AM

Still thinkin' yesterday's pivot low breach would be kickoff point for bears on Naz...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#64 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 07:58 AM

6 mo still not rolling over, but probably not a whole lot longer up here...

5.2% for doing nothing during worst 6 months of stock market not all bad.....by the time Fall rolls around, these yields may be long gone....

Edited by K Wave, 17 May 2023 - 08:02 AM.

#65 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:00 AM

Haha so fun, was hit changing my profit stop to 4135 for a 5 point profit and back in for my new short build at 4140.  This one I'll hold into the open and build on.....

#66 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:00 AM

pivot lines look set now...

#67 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:44 AM

profit stop 4139, sell above

#68 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:49 AM

Well that was fun, out for 1 point and back in to start a build at 4140.  Think with this market its better to just hold and build as I don't want back and forth 1 point gains here like a day trader lol!!  Want at least 5 points lol!! 

#69 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:51 AM

And whalla lol!!  Profit stop 4135...

#70 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:56 AM

there's the 1 min throwover...now we see about busting 3 and 5 min lines just below