More Definitions

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 07:57 AM

Because I don't trade news events I'm going to wait and see how the smoke clears after the debt deal vote tonight so here are

some more definitions.

1. Value Investing - Buying low and selling lower.

2. Windows - What investors jumped out of soon after they bought Yahoo at 240/share

3. Yahoo - What investors yelled out when they sold the stock at 240/share

4. Investment Advisor - A person whose phone has been disconnected

5. Stock Analyst - The idiot who just downgraded my stock

6. Stop Order - What is used to help investors/traders get out of a dumb {bleeeep} trade.

7. Sell Order - Please God help me get out of this trade

8. Butterfly Spread - An option spread designed to generate commissions for the broker

9. Naked Option - Options that allow investors/traders to make money while being naked. Is this a great country or what?

10. Crameritis - A neurological disorder inflicted on those who believe what is said on CNBC

11. Margin Call - Don't answer the phone.

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 09:04 AM

You should be a comedian, love #10 lol!!! 

#3 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 09:56 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't trade stocks but I've been told about a high flying tech stock called Stochastics

that trades on the Nasdaq. Investors/traders might want to take a look at it. I'm really concerned that Mark is

going to call the police and have me arrested for using  a word that refers to a person's back side when describing

a dumb trade. Turn around and put your hands behind your back. You know you did it so start talking because the

5th Amendment has been repealed and don't even think about giving us that Miranda rights crap. I see I missed a

Put trade this morning so no sex for me tonight..

#4 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 10:05 AM

ROFL, love em'

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#5 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:09 AM

Thanks. Laughter is the best therapy. Trading the mkt is really stressful.

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:56 AM

Naw, especially if you just sell options and use profit stops instead of regular stops..

#7 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 01:13 PM

I live in a very old (1670's) unincorporated village that has a population of 753 people that's out in the boonies.

We have  a main street but no traffic lights. You can drive through here in 90 seconds.The closest grocery store

is 11 miles away. In order to live here you have to own a pick up truck and a shot gun.  I live in a house that was

built in 1795 out of logs and has been owned by the family of my domestic supervisor for ions. So I'm just country

folks. I don't know how to do that fancy stuff like selling naked and covered options. All I know how to do is to buy

Puts & Calls on the Spy in a cash account. I've never had a margin account. The thought of getting a margin call

sends cold shivers up and down my spine. So I wish you all the best with your fancy stuff.

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 02:18 PM

Haha, no people that get margin calls are very stupid to me.  Buying options is the biggest risk out there in my view and your fighting against time the second you buy!! 

#9 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 03:02 PM

I didn't say or imply that people who get margin calls are stupid.

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,553 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 07:27 AM

Oh I know, but I do.  People that get margin calls shouldn't be doing that kind of trading.  Besides you can do all kinds of things now with options so you don't have to worry about it.  When I started in this business margins were non existent and I thought with more electronic trading they would become even less as its easy to adjust now but instead they've actually gone up lol!!