ready for....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 06:18 AM

the bull to continue ? Obviously I might be wrong, but the next tradable dip might come not before than September-October. Summer season should be a low volume kind of market, given that most people are on holiday away

from their office, so it's even easier to manipulate the market given such low volumes. And if it is manipulated, it will be upwards at this point, in order to bring in most retailers when they're back to the office when

Summer is over.  My subjective point of view..... 

Edited by andr99, 18 July 2023 - 06:20 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,070 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 09:27 AM

Worldwide it's historically hot this summer.  I'm in the Florida and outside it's like in a steamer here.   They better just stay in the office to manipulate .........................

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 09:49 AM

I have a suspect that those who manipulate the market right now are in front of their trading monitors in a fresh European high mountain valley like there are many in the Alps, in Switzerland, Austria, Northern italy. In the

meanwhile Joe six pack is getting his balls roasted under the sun of an ultra populated low cost beach of a Mediterranean sea town where people walk upon each others' feet given how over-populated these beaches are. 

Edited by andr99, 18 July 2023 - 09:52 AM.

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:03 AM

Joe six pack saves a lot of money by reaching those low cost places, so that he will have the opportunity to transfer all the money he has saved to the pockets of markets' manipulators when he is back home after his low cost

holiday is over. This is a law of nature, the stronger has no mercy for the weaker.    

Edited by andr99, 18 July 2023 - 10:04 AM.

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:19 AM

as for me; I don't need to reach Switzerland or Austria, because there's a place in the mountains of the upper part of the province where I live where the highest temperature is 26°C when in the province plain it gets to 36°C in

the hottest Summer days. It's also a place where I might learn a bit of an old German dialect still spoken there. 

https://it.wikipedia...o-orientali.jpg

(German settlements in my region in eleventh-fourteenth centuries) 

Edited by andr99, 18 July 2023 - 10:20 AM.

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:29 AM

https://www.meteo.it...-veronese-23090

the temperatures of the whole week in this little corner of Heaven 

Velo Veronese in italian, Velje Feld in old Bavarian 

in the meanwhile in the city......

https://www.meteo.it...eo/verona-23091

in twenty minutes you get from the city to the mountain and you get 10 Celsius degrees less 

Edited by andr99, 18 July 2023 - 10:32 AM.

#7 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 11:18 AM

Here is the deal.   All my momentum charts are pretty much a strong BUY.    Short term leading indicators are strong SELL saying we should get a pull back.   My adjusted PE is in the NORMAL range due to 10%+ increase in new housing, and car purchases.   Put/Call Ratios are yelling SELL.    We could be on a cusp of a new rally.   I've traded these tops before and went short, and it usually doesn't work out. 

S&P is 13% above its 200-day MA,  so I think we get a couple weeks of lateral movement in the market where we can easily see if the market participation is widening.

Edited by qqqqtrdr, 18 July 2023 - 11:18 AM.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 11:34 AM

Here is the deal.   All my momentum charts are pretty much a strong BUY.    Short term leading indicators are strong SELL saying we should get a pull back.   My adjusted PE is in the NORMAL range due to 10%+ increase in new housing, and car purchases.   Put/Call Ratios are yelling SELL.    We could be on a cusp of a new rally.   I've traded these tops before and went short, and it usually doesn't work out. 

S&P is 13% above its 200-day MA,  so I think we get a couple weeks of lateral movement in the market where we can easily see if the market participation is widening.

I've had a couple solid sell signals that delivered almost nothing at all. Had I been dumb enough to not wait for confirmation, I'd have lost money. Now, I'm seeing the first little signs of divergence here and there, but we all know how long that can persist.

I'm getting mixed signals from the VIX and generally positive indications from breadth and Bullish %. I would love to see a nasty correction but I don't have much to hang on that. Now, if the VIX goes back into a confirmed up trend and breadth and BP deteriorate, I might get a bit more pessimistic.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 12:51 PM

end of month for an st correction ....and it might be a light correction imo

Edited by andr99, 18 July 2023 - 12:53 PM.

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 01:19 PM

very light correction at end of month, more substantial correction when Summer is over to clarify my thought. However even in September or October it shouldn't be that deep, because the bull is well established now.