Risky Business

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 07:31 PM

Looks like the countertrend bear market rally is now complete...September/October still looking ominous for the financial markets in general.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:55 AM

With all due respect to your many years of experience in the mkt, the time for Longs to exit

was July 27th when the MACD(12,26,9) on the daily BPSPX chart put in a crossover to the

downside and has quite a ways to go to get to where it was at the bottom in mid-March.

#3 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 10:47 AM

Looks like the countertrend bear market rally is now complete...September/October still looking ominous for the financial markets in general.

Fib

I agree with you strongly except for this one point and that I think we must make one more new high on this move into Sept 12 then comes the crash into early mid October

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#4 barbu

barbu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 12:01 PM

Fib

Apple is going to get completely destroyed over next few years now that  the echo bubble top is finally in.

K_Wave Posted 08/17/23 , 08:13 PM

Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C.
Michael Smolyansky 2023-041

From 1989 to 2019, the S&P 500 index grew at an impressive real rate of 5.5 percent per year,excluding dividends. The rate of U.S. real GDP growth over the same period was 2.5 percent.What accounts for this enormous discrepancy? And is it sustainable?  

I argue that it is not。

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 10:58 PM

Things continue to unwind nicely...multiple intermediate term sell signals were given today.

September still looking very weak with a test of the 4th quarter lows of 2022 now at 50%.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 07:58 AM

Things continue to unwind nicely...multiple intermediate term sell signals were given today.

September still looking very weak with a test of the 4th quarter lows of 2022 now at 50%.

Fib

Thank you.

#7 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 09:41 AM

I am now convinced that Powell will cut rates asap. Trump already said that he will not reappoint Powell if elected and DNC needs lower rates to win next year. Given that there is significant lag in rate cuts to work through the economy, the time to cut rates is now. Occam's. razor.

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 09:43 AM

Bottom?

Edited by linrom1, 25 August 2023 - 09:44 AM.

#9 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 09:50 AM

5-minutes and you almost there?

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 10:22 AM

I like what he said today, it really opened up there options in my view, especially the real talk about watching the stars etc lol!!  Bonds have backed up a lot and I can see them rallying a least a little bit here which should help stocks a bit but no matter what, in my view the grind will remain up or down....