nasdaq path I drew back in August

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 02:46 PM

Same back to you, most important thing is it should always be fun and hopefully everyone's trades work out!! 

#12 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 06:27 AM

a last comment about tennis......I have been playing in this club, where I am, for a couple of years now. All competitive people and most of them very strong. Two months ago a guy of this club,

while sitting apart and watching me playing, said to a guy sitting by him, ''you can go to whatever tennis school you want, but nobody can teach you to be as fluid as that guy (me) is in his movements''.

I heard him, but I didn't reply. I would have liked to say to him that there's something that can teach him to be so fluid, it's his own brain. Everything in tenniks is based on it, like most things in life. Make

it work, keep it trained and learn from your mistakes. That is how we developed from Lucy, our oldest ancestor. Next time I will tell him.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 07:50 AM

Awwww your like my son who's very fluid and has that natural forehand like Djokovic, always love how it wraps around him.  Also like a friend of mine on the older side to but a natural athlete, guy just reads the ball so well as his brain is tuned in.  Such a fun game and great for longetivity and  life overall.  I wish I had all of the natural ability you guys have as I'm more of a worker and base my style after my hero Andre lol!! 

#14 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:01 PM

Awwww your like my son who's very fluid and has that natural forehand like Djokovic, always love how it wraps around him.  Also like a friend of mine on the older side to but a natural athlete, guy just reads the ball so well as his brain is tuned in.  Such a fun game and great for longetivity and  life overall.  I wish I had all of the natural ability you guys have as I'm more of a worker and base my style after my hero Andre lol!! 

I played tennis with my colleague at an indoor court for a whole season. The shots became repetitive between us, and that became boring. Contrary to tennis, a golf round is 75-90 shots on 18 holes. No shot is same as any other. No shot next day's round is same as any shots on any day before. That is what makes golf so interesting. You are always thinking how to hit a shot with all new variables. I never get bored for a minute during 4.5 hour round, played on a private country club golf course. Public golf courses are a different story, because of slow play, course is always filled with duffers. That can get boring waiting for shots. 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 01:29 AM

I played tennis with my colleague at an indoor court for a whole season. The shots became repetitive between us, and that became boring. Contrary to tennis, a golf round is 75-90 shots on 18 holes. No shot is same as any other. No shot next day's round is same as any shots on any day before. That is what makes golf so interesting. You are always thinking how to hit a shot with all new variables. I never get bored for a minute during 4.5 hour round, played on a private country club golf course. Public golf courses are a different story, because of slow play, course is always filled with duffers. That can get boring waiting for shots. 

tennis is boring when it is played at a low level. When you don't improve and that is what happens to the majority, it becomes boring. But truly for the other part of the ones who constantly improve, there is always something to learn. Even when your technique is completely developed you need a fine tuning of your tactics because there's always someone who is better than you and forces you to make changes in your tactical approach in order to overcome the obstacle. The only bad thing that I can say about tennis, is that it is phisically destroying, both with regards to muscles and bones. Sometimes you have to rest for a while to recover. Then there is the public, it's exciting playing in front of many people who are watching. I started late, I was twelve, but it was the best decision I could ever take.      

Edited by andr99, 30 September 2023 - 01:31 AM.

#16 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 09:12 AM

Tennis is boring to watch on TV. Same repetition of shots. Golf shots are 1000 times more variety. 

Watching golf on TV is more interesting because of the variety of trouble golfers face on shots.  

There is trees to avoid, sand bunkers to avoid, water ponds to avoid, long grass to avoid, buildings to avoid, narrow long fairways are a challenge, greens have steep slopes, balls can break on putting green 1000 different ways,  wind direction must be taken into account, playing through rain is another challenge and many others. 

Tennis is boring. Golf is never boring. I have played both sports a lot. I love golf. Tennis is always boring.

Edited by pdx5, 30 September 2023 - 09:18 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#17 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 10:13 AM

Tennis is boring to watch on TV. Same repetition of shots. Golf shots are 1000 times more variety. 

Watching golf on TV is more interesting because of the variety of trouble golfers face on shots.  

There is trees to avoid, sand bunkers to avoid, water ponds to avoid, long grass to avoid, buildings to avoid, narrow long fairways are a challenge, greens have steep slopes, balls can break on putting green 1000 different ways,  wind direction must be taken into account, playing through rain is another challenge and many others. 

Tennis is boring. Golf is never boring. I have played both sports a lot. I love golf. Tennis is always boring.

to play the topspin single hand backhand you need to keep an angle of 100-110 degrees, more or less,  between the racket's frame and your arm, you have to hit when the ball is rising and you have two different paths to follow for the racket's frame depending on how high the bounce of the ball you are receiving is going to get. You have to study in your mind the dynamics of your opponent's shot. The serve is even more complicated because there are three different types, the most difficult one being the kick serve. I've seen from a camera placed on the ground, how high the kick of a pro bounces and how much it changes its path while bouncing. Controlling such a bounce is like winning the lottery. On the other side if you go to the tennis court to put the ball to the other side with no other target than that........OK it might be boring. To appreciate tennis on tv you must have played it at high level, otherwise it is like giving caviar to people used to rice. 

Edited by andr99, 30 September 2023 - 10:14 AM.

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 01:31 PM

Yes got to agree with andr for sure, when you play at a higher level you have every shot at  your choice and can do whatever you like.  I even have a bigger advantage because I can switch hands and have an amazing left handed cross court forehand lol!! Maybe you haven't watched good high level tennis on tv cause its never boring, I always fall asleep watching golf lol!!  Most important is that everyone enjoys whatever and gets out there doing it even if golf isn't a real sport bahaha, just kidding.  I always joke saying how can it be a sport if you wear dress shoes on the green bahaha!!  JK

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 08:42 AM

but I must be honest.......when I watch Kudermetova play........I get so bored that you can't imagine...............LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL 

She's special........most handsome in the WTA circuit 

Edited by andr99, 01 October 2023 - 08:46 AM.

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 08:22 AM

Ya no kidding love watching the wta lol!!  So many hot women, my fave has always been Stosur retired now so Sakkari as they are just ripped but I'll have to check out Kudermetoca lol!!