• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 09:25 AM

Dear Janet and Gerome,

You were appointed to these important positions to print money. When you and your predecessors printed trillions for over a decade, stocks went up, bonds went up, real estate went up... we had so much money we even created crypto currency just for the heck of it. 

Now you are not printing.

We had a negative year last year in stocks, which meant very few bonuses on Wall Street. Second year in a row would be completely unacceptable.

Bonds are in a free fall, stocks are struggling, real estate is questionable. If it was not for the 7 stocks, which everyone owns, the market would be a lot worse. We haven't seen all time highs for 2 years. We miss them. We can't sustain any rallies without you. 

We just corrected about 10%, so start printing. If you want us to sacrifice a couple of banks or funds, we will gladly do it. It is time to do it or something unimaginable can happen --- we will sell those 7 stocks.

So pretty please, with the cherry on top, Start Printing!

Sincerely,

Your Wall Street friends (until you piss us off).

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 10:04 AM

Nooooo! No printing excess money. It is like giving booze to a person with bad liver. 

It will feel good for a few minutes. Then the pain starts.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 10:22 AM

Lets mark to market everything... so the next generation can have a life.

#4 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 October 2023 - 11:11 AM

Are the metals signalling that something deflationary this way comes?
gld.png

slv.png

plat.png

#5 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 October 2023 - 04:45 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Silver is the sh#t - a coinage and industrial metal that (hopefully) will never be confiscated by desperate and despicable elected criminals.

agq.png

#6 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 02:05 PM

Back in June I posted this chart of the TLT volatility fund, predicting a bottom at 13.53.

vxtlt1.png

It almost bottomed at 13.58 in July, then rallied for a while and put in a (true?) bottom at 13.55 in September.  It presently appears to have unfinished business to the upside - and it doesn't seem fazed by today's equity rally.

vxtlt2.png