• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 October 2023 - 01:08 PM

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 12:54 AM

great video, but go to explain it to the large number in this site who have ten thousand indicators all saying we are in a bear market. 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#3 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 05:28 AM

The video is just saying keep an open mind. Are yours open to the bear case?

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 05:51 AM

the video says a lot more than that, however everyone who trades the stock market needs to be open to whatever possibilities, calculating the probabilities of each one.

At the same time, indicators that work once in a while, should be thrown out the window

Edited by andr99, 06 October 2023 - 05:53 AM.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 01:03 PM

Only comment I have is, purchasing power of SPX at current levels is LESS than it was in 1966.

So numerically we are in a long term bull market, but purchasing power is slightly lower than it was in 1966.

So is it a bull market or bear markety? All depends on which color glasses you are wearing. 

I can guarantee SPX will reach 10,000. Just do not know when, and what will be the purchasing power of SPX at that level.

My wild {bleeeep} guess (WAG) is it will be closer to even. 

Edited by pdx5, 06 October 2023 - 01:12 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 01:10 PM

One thing that people might want to aware of is that eurodollar rates inverted back in 2021 ----that was a very long time, which could mean recession is already past us, but who knows.

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 01:55 PM

Only comment I have is, purchasing power of SPX at current levels is LESS than it was in 1966.

So numerically we are in a long term bull market, but purchasing power is slightly lower than it was in 1966.

So is it a bull market or bear markety? All depends on which color glasses you are wearing. 

I can guarantee SPX will reach 10,000. Just do not know when, and what will be the purchasing power of SPX at that level.

My wild {bleeeep} guess (WAG) is it will be closer to even. 

pdx5, when I buy stocks I don't hold them for 50 years and if I buy a stock today and in two years it doubles in value, to me it is a bull market even though in the following 48 years it doesn't 

grow one more cent and my purchasing power is cut in half. It's a bull market because I will have sold it 48 years before my purchasing power is cut in half. We can't mix together two 

different things.