Risk Windows for the Week of October 23rd

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 October 2023 - 01:49 PM

According to my risk summation system, the days in the next week or so that have higher than normal risk of seeing a turn in or acceleration of the current trend in the DJIA are Monday October 23rd and a window stretching from Friday October 27th through Monday October 30th.  The Monday the 23rd risk window may be part of a larger window from last Friday the 20th.  Action this coming Monday will clarify whether it stands on its own or not.

Last week the Wednesday the 18th risk window appears to have been somewhere near the middle of an hourly 3rd wave of the decline with a top to bottom range down of ~400 DOW points, so something of an acceleration, definitely not a complete dud.  The jury is still out on the Friday the 20th through this coming Monday the 23rd risk window.  Friday closed on the low for the week and may be a low turn point  depending on action this coming Monday the 23rd.

gYUMKjL.png

The crash risk window which closed last Monday was yet another dud.   I'm zero for I don't know how many of those that I've posted about here.  This one had the makings of something spectacular with a black swan war out of no where and rapidly rising interest rates, but no cigar.  Since crashes are as rare as hens teeth, I suppose that's just par for the course.  There may be one more crash risk window in mid-November.  I need to do a bit of number crunching to know for sure.  In the spirit of hope over better judgement I'll post the dates if the analysis shows another one in the making,    

Regards,

Douglas