I called the market bottom on the 26th of October

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 08:46 AM

and the call was posted on this forum under the thread ''bottom in'' on the very same 26th of October and was perfect so far. Since then I've been saying that we are on route to new all time highs. Right or wrong that I may be and I think I will be right with this second call as well, I want to point out that this post that I'm writing in this moment, is not meant to say ''hey take a look at how good I am in analyzing the stock market'', but rather to make the people understand that a constructive contribute where the poster clearly says what the market path will be in his opinion, is something that must be welcomed and preserved. I don't live on trading, I don't have a site and i don't have subscribers. And I will never have one, because I'm not interested in that. But posting a constructive approach to market analysis, doesn't cost me anything, so that possibly I will keep this thing going on if others do the same. Now I get back to the pause mode I talked about in my latest post here because I' m too busy in this period. Have a nice December, all those who have my same idea of contribution to this site. 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 11:23 AM

Was a good call, market went to far to fast though in my view as this type of move is made for a -20% fall but whatever. As I've always said I think the people who actually make calls and stick with them should be recognized even more because its easy to make a call and then flip when it doesn't work out lol!! Took me 2.5 weeks on my NDX short but was still profitable today whew lol!!  Next year is going to be really interesting I think as I think the economy is going to flip on its head and that won't be good for the market as the inflated earnings that are being forecast will have to be lowered so more grinding!!  

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 12:49 PM

it was a perfect call because on the 26th I said ''bottom in today or tomorrow''. The nasdaq bottomed on the 26th, the spx on the 27th. But apart that, could you imagine what would be if all the people in this forum could 

post their idea of market path for the next three or four months ? Over the time we could easily find out those who have the best rate of success and once we find out them we could put them to discuss and confront their idea 

of market path in order to establish what the most probable market path for the future will be. A good achievement i would say.  

It is called Darwinian natural selection..........

Edited by andr99, 30 November 2023 - 12:52 PM.

#4 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 12:53 PM

I'd like to see the poll results plotted, including individual posters' short or long positions vs. next day's move.

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 01:06 PM

No I think its way to hard to call the market 3 months out trading.  It's okay to have an idea and stick with that but literal calling it is impossible.  Like I don't think the market is going to see new highs for a few years overall but I'll be trading up and down on both...

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 01:27 PM

nothing is impossible.........cheif called the spx bottom around 675 (ono snort......), I called the market drop from 29th of March 2022 till the bottom in October 2022 when I turned bullish asserting the bottom was in. Those are multi months predictions. I don't trade daily, i trade the long term, so it would be nice to see someone else implied in this kind of time frame which is less risky if you are able to chose the right stocks.  

Edited by andr99, 30 November 2023 - 01:28 PM.

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 04:17 PM

Don't forget I was 667, was going for 666 lol!!  That's more like long term calls though lol, not 3 months...

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 10:18 AM

Ok it's more tough, but do you remember when, maybe a couple of years ago, I said Sinner will be number one ? wait some more time and you will see..........

#9 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 10:25 AM

He is playing well for sure!!  Glad to see Rafa just confirmed he's coming back for Brisbane!! 

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 04:01 PM

and the call was posted on this forum under the thread ''bottom in'' on the very same 26th of October and was perfect so far. Since then I've been saying that we are on route to new all time highs. Right or wrong that I may be and I think I will be right with this second call as well, I want to point out that this post that I'm writing in this moment, is not meant to say ''hey take a look at how good I am in analyzing the stock market'', but rather to make the people understand that a constructive contribute where the poster clearly says what the market path will be in his opinion, is something that must be welcomed and preserved. I don't live on trading, I don't have a site and i don't have subscribers. And I will never have one, because I'm not interested in that. But posting a constructive approach to market analysis, doesn't cost me anything, so that possibly I will keep this thing going on if others do the same. Now I get back to the pause mode I talked about in my latest post here because I' m too busy in this period. Have a nice December, all those who have my same idea of contribution to this site. 

I appreciate your contribution, and liked your call (and not just because I agreed with it).

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter