economy and stock market

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 09:14 AM

are two different things. When you trade the stock market you have to look at the stock market, not at the state of economy as depicted by economists or other 

experts. Because these two entities that are stock market and economy, may remain separated for a long time and while waiting for them to re-allineate, you may

go bankrupted if you have traded the stock market while looking at the state of economy. That is a suggestion that I feel to give to all those who listen too much to

the words of economists who might trade the stock market directly for themselves and make a lot of money trading the market instead of talking to the masses.  

Most top traders I know are engineers, not economists.  

Edited by andr99, 24 January 2024 - 09:19 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 09:42 AM

Totally agree except when the market has moved on the notion that the economy will continue higher to support future super high earnings expectations.  When valuation levels are average the market moves on its own, right now the market is anticipating a perfect world setting itself up for a fall!! 

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 09:49 AM

as Tuco, in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, would say..........''.you see my friend in this world there are two kinds of people......those who trade the market (stock traders) and those who talk about the market (economists)''    

Edited by andr99, 24 January 2024 - 09:50 AM.

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 09:56 AM

I've been trading for 45 years so have been through it all and although there are a lot of times they trade differently and ahead of what may be happening in the future, there are times such as now when the market is "hoping" for the future until it gets enlightened that maybe things aren't so perfect!!

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 10:12 AM

are you watching the Australian Open ? Alcaraz is out.........

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 10:26 AM

Watched the end, was pretty good, looked like Zverev deserved it and I really hope he beats Medvedev lol!! 

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 01:15 PM

are two different things. When you trade the stock market you have to look at the stock market, not at the state of economy as depicted by economists or other 

experts. Because these two entities that are stock market and economy, may remain separated for a long time and while waiting for them to re-allineate, you may

go bankrupted if you have traded the stock market while looking at the state of economy. That is a suggestion that I feel to give to all those who listen too much to

the words of economists who might trade the stock market directly for themselves and make a lot of money trading the market instead of talking to the masses.  

The absolute worst investors/traders are economists. I say that as one who was trained as an economist. Economists understand running water by catching it in a bucket. The market is chaos and you don't profit from that by looking over your shoulder, which is what most economists do.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 01:27 PM

The absolute worst investors/traders are economists. I say that as one who was trained as an economist. Economists understand running water by catching it in a bucket. The market is chaos and you don't profit from that by looking over your shoulder, which is what most economists do.

M

absolutely true......

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 01:28 PM

Watched the end, was pretty good, looked like Zverev deserved it and I really hope he beats Medvedev lol!! 

guess who I support.........this one below

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 01:44 PM

Nice, I like Sinner he is a great player and level headed will be a great match to watch if he can take out the joker.....