FEBRUARY FRAILITY 15-29- ST TOP in place

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#141 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:55 PM

Can't resist wanted to smooth this out, average shorts 5050 and 17806.....I'd even hang onto this till March expiration if need be with call options way to exhuberant....

Of cause not every trading day going to be like this, and if you have enough money to keep averaging out at highs you may win eventually ........................

Hmmmmm "eventually,"can you name the last time I had a reported loss on this thread lol?  In case you can't it was last March and only because I had gone almost 3 years all posted on here without one and I was on holidays!!  Think my longest hold has been a month, usually only hours.  Always love the critique from people who never post a live trade, maybe a good time to take a break let someone else step up lol!!   

#142 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 03:46 PM

Well, as a trader I have to take some chips off the table here, and then let's see what will be brought to the market tomorrow  ............................

Edited by redfoliage2, 22 February 2024 - 03:48 PM.

#143 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 06:25 PM

"Records shatter as global stocks boom
Investors in Asia could not be going into Friday's trading in more bullish spirits as the U.S.-led surge in mega tech fuels a global stock market boom, although there will be temptation to book some profit ahead of the weekend.

Japan's Nikkei smashed its way to a new all-time high on Thursday after Nvidia's post-market surge following its fourth-quarter results, a path followed later in the day by Europe's Stoxx 600, the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrials.

The relentless rise around the world on Thursday, propelled by Nvidia's 16.5% surge, should set the tone for Asia on Friday."

#144 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 06:26 PM

Key developments that could provide more direction to markets on Friday:
China house prices (January)
Singapore, Malaysia inflation (January)
New Zealand retail sales (Q4)

"Records shatter as global stocks boom
Investors in Asia could not be going into Friday's trading in more bullish spirits as the U.S.-led surge in mega tech fuels a global stock market boom, although there will be temptation to book some profit ahead of the weekend.

Japan's Nikkei smashed its way to a new all-time high on Thursday after Nvidia's post-market surge following its fourth-quarter results, a path followed later in the day by Europe's Stoxx 600, the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrials.

The relentless rise around the world on Thursday, propelled by Nvidia's 16.5% surge, should set the tone for Asia on Friday."

#145 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 06:29 PM

NOT NOW---
Chart In Focus
Crude Oil Says Stocks Heading for Unpleasant Time
https://www.mcoscill...npleasant_time/

#146 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 06:44 PM

MccOsc went up 24... only 24?
https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#147 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 07:05 AM

A GREAT WEEK FIR GLOBAL MARKETS!

"Record world stocks leave bonds in gloom

Global stocks captured by MSCI's all-country index surpassed 2022's peaks on Friday and soared to new records - leaving bonds unloved.

As the dust settles on another Nvidia-led AI feeding frenzy on Wall Street, interest rate markets have sulked back to mid-December settings - dragged there by the ebullience of the wider economy and a stubborn Federal Reserve.

With U.S. labor markets still in fine fettle, corporate profit growth in double digits and surging stocks loosening financial conditions again, rate futures now finally agree with what the Fed told them in December - only 75 basis points of rate cuts are likely this year and not starting until second half of 2024.

Kicking and screaming, bond markets have dialled back the clock to December too - with 2-year Treasury yields hitting their highest since December 11, just before the Fed meeting that month, and 10-year yields hitting the highest since November. The dollar was firmer.

#148 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 07:07 AM

Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Friday:
Federal Reserve Board Governor Christopher Waller speaks
European Union and Eurogroup finance ministers meet in Ghent, with European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde
President of Argentina Javier Milei meets U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken in Buenos Aires
U.S. corp earnings: Warner Bros Discovery, Intuit

#149 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 07:12 AM

My highest daily NQ profit since...maybe 2022, also OPTIONS profir, but much lower daily profit since my SHORTS except the final 6 QQQ & SPY PUTS were all red.

"The U.S. stock market has had its fair share of unforgettable days in recent years, but Thursday was certainly historic. Nvidia enjoyed the biggest one-day market value gain of all timean astonishing $276.75 billion."

#150 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 08:36 AM

Pretty flat this morning but not surprising considering the move yesterday on a very few stocks, actually 8-5 advancers over decliners so not surprising to see the McClellan only up a little.  All the talk is about the mag 7 and how they are the saviours of the world keeping indices up blah blah blah.  Problem is a house built on cards and going straight up always run out of gas and come back to earth can have a long term problem in the end.  Everyone says this time is different is because these companies actually make money.  This is true but I have heard every reason in the world and eventually there is always a price paid so I'm okay to wait it out.  Market needs a good flush to set itself back up for a healthy overall advance.  Should be an interesting end to the week either way as call options remain way to exuberant also but then again all we need to do is look at nividea to know if the "market" will be up or not so who cares about the rest of the market lol!!