FEBRUARY FRAILITY 15-29- ST TOP in place

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 06:21 AM

Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Tuesday:
Canada Jan inflation, US Jan leading indicators, Philadelphia Fed's Feb service sector business survey
U.S. corp earnings: Walmart, Home Depot, Palo Alto Networks, Allegion, Medtronic, Public Storage, Caesars Entertainment, Celanese, International Flavors and Fragrances, Realty Income, CoStar, Keysight Tech, Chesapeake Energy, Diamondback Energy, CentrePoint Energy, Evonix
U.S. Treasury sells 3-, 6-, 12-month bills

Another fake move up & then they sold it. But, finally, the Chinese cut rates. Their "national team" came in again to prop up markets thay are now slightly up. I hold small A50 & HSI LONG POSITIONS. Will add more on any pullback greater than 2%

"Wall St returns from its long weekend to a mix of interest rate cut doubts, retailer updates and the biggest U.S. corporate deal of the year - while China's latest monetary easing was brushed off by markets overseas.

With the Federal Reserve releasing minutes of its January policy meeting on Wednesday, the rates market has been dragged kicking and screaming back closer to where the Fed had originally indicated at the end of last year." - REUTERS

#12 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 08:47 AM

That was so interesting, up all Sunday and Monday then when the Tuesday night session started it was straight down lol!!  Nonetheless as I said I wanted to sell higher going into the close on Friday so I was able to get 5020 and 17760 as I added some on the sell off actually lol!!  I'm profit stopping at 5015 and 17725 for the cash open but it almost seems that money is coming out of stocks and going into bonds, will be interesting to watch as the day goes by.   Love all the bullish calls over the weekend though and a few bearish ones so we'll see but seasonality, overboughtness, sentiment and especially the pricey call options that I sold tell me were banging on the ceiling but does the market have enough sense to give us a little correction we'll see....

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 08:51 AM

Will buy NVDA CALL near or below 710
Holding 1 NVDA PUT

"But either way, whether resilient or not, if the US Dollar rolls over here at exactly the 61.8% retracement of the entire 4th quarter decline, that would be the most bullish catalyst for stocks that I see out there right now.

It's not the high probability outcome, in my opinion, but I'm open minded to all possibilities.

Now, if you flip that on its head, and the Dollar breaks out from here, I would expect stocks to be selling off violently.

I'm betting on the latter.

How about you?"

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 08:52 AM

https://allstarcharts.com/blog/

Holding 1 NVDA PUT

"But either way, whether resilient or not, if the US Dollar rolls over here at exactly the 61.8% retracement of the entire 4th quarter decline, that would be the most bullish catalyst for stocks that I see out there right now.

It's not the high probability outcome, in my opinion, but I'm open minded to all possibilities.

Now, if you flip that on its head, and the Dollar breaks out from here, I would expect stocks to be selling off violently.

How about you?"

#15 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:16 AM

profit stop 17700 and 5010 for the cash open, sell higher

#16 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:37 AM

Okay, partially out for a 60 point profit but still keeping some on so hopefully sell higher to add again....

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:42 AM

Still waiting on FILL... WILL ADJUST OR BUY MARKET!

Holding 1 NVDA PUT

How about you?"

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:43 AM

profit stop the rest at 17600...

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:45 AM

NVDA now 693!
Should be filled now

Still waiting on FILL... WILL ADJUST OR BUY MARKET!

Holding 1 NVDA PUT

How about you?"

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:50 AM

completly out of rest for a 90 point profit will sell higher later....