Posted 20 March 2024 - 03:03 PM

Closed 18506.5

NQ LONG 18461.5

#103 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 05:45 PM

Totally disagree with this analysis below! FED has lost the high ground, seem confused, and has created a reckless scenario that also has important political ramificatioms. The political calendar does not allow the FED to now "accept a higher rate of inflation for a longer time" and the luxury of being totally data-dependent.

"Asian markets open on Thursday in the slipstream of U.S. markets' positive reaction to the Federal Reserve's signal that interest rates will still be cut by 75 basis points this year, and not the 50 that many investors had been bracing for. "

#104 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 05:46 PM

Here are key developments that could provide more direction to markets on Thursday:
New Zealand GDP (Q4)
Australia unemployment (February)
Japan, Australia, India flash PMIs (March)

Totally disagree with this analysis below! FED has lost the high ground, seem confused, and has created a reckless scenario that also has important political ramificatioms. The political calendar does not allow the FED to now "accept a higher rate of inflation for a longer time" and the luxury of being totally data-dependent.

"Asian markets open on Thursday in the slipstream of U.S. markets' positive reaction to the Federal Reserve's signal that interest rates will still be cut by 75 basis points this year, and not the 50 that many investors had been bracing for. "

#105 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 07:38 PM

NQ LONG 18567.5

Edited by dTraderB, 20 March 2024 - 07:39 PM.

#106 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 07:39 PM

ES BUY LIMIT 5284

NQ LONG 18567.5

#107 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 07:44 PM

Placing A50 & HSI ORDERS before ending this very long & profitable day. USDYEN fell after USD dropped during POWELL'S FARCE.

#108 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 06:38 AM

"Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Thursday:
Policy decisions from Bank of England, Norges Bank, Banco de Mexico and Central Bank of Turkey

* Flash March business surveys from United States, Europe and around the world

* US weekly jobless claims, Philadelphia Fed's March business survey

* Federal Reserve Vice Chair for Supervision Michael Barr speaks

* US Treasury auctions 10-year inflation-protected Treasuries, four-week bills

* U.S. corporate earnings: Nike, FedEx, Lululemon, Accenture, Factset, Darden Restaurants"

#109 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 07:07 AM

Wull open new A50 & HSI LONGS on this pullback.

#110 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 07:27 AM

Well that was an interesting finish to the day with a big rally after hearing the same thing again and again from every other meeting.  There was nothing new from this meeting and to me it sounded even more hawkish so we'll see what happens by the close.... In the end I feel sorry for the people who are buying way up here on hopes they will have spectacular gains in the future.  For me it just makes me double down on my shorts with an average now of 5268 and 18427.  Think the futures are a little to flighty here this morning so will adjust to even during the cash session but I think these trades are nice place to just sit in this technically, fundamentally and sentimentally way over priced market with incredible call option premium screaming sell me sell me lol!!  We''re already getting close to my expiration cycle numbers so will be adding heavily to those this morning.  I like up markets and trading long but only in healthy markets and this is not a healthy market.