Photo

"Can Post-FOMC Rally Continue?" YES... but...

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#81 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:47 AM

Heavier SELLING than I expected.
Maybe Q1 Portfolio adjusting etc by BIG MONEY

The selling part is likely done in the recent days including this morning, now not much time left for them to position for the bull run for the next quarter.  Very likely we are going to see the market making new highs as soon as next week  .....................

Good to see the market breadth turning up today from the recent dip, my intra-day breadth indicator today crossed the 0 line into the positive region and I expect NYMO to follow 

BTW, key economic data to be released tomorrow morning including GDP, initial jobless claims, and Chicago PMI, are likely to support the soft landing outlook for the US economy and so the the bull market .............................  

We are likely to see SPX 5400 or higher in the 2nd quarter unless future economic data stop supporting the soft land outlook or the Fed would not cut rates this year ........................

Well, market breadth turning strong in the afternoon indicating EOQ buying programs kicked in.  NYMO is very likely to close the day in positive land from the recent dip, and SPX is likely to close the day at HOD as the Bull Train 2024 leaving Station Q1 .................................

End of Day NYMO at 18.30, up nearly 30 points from yesterday's -11, that indicates EOQ buying programs running to position for the next quarter .......................

GDP data and jobless claims just released indicate US economy is humming along, supporting a bullish outlook for the stock market..

#82 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:52 AM

Well that was a non event but of course it was lol!!  Sure the market will remain pretty flat today anyhow as I noticed volume is non existent.  Do love my shorts though going into the long weekend, we'll see how they turn out in the end going into the weekend.  Tomorrow should be interesting to with the PCE number out and call options screaming bullish and volatility back to low levels.  Saw an interesting chart yesterday that showed no one has protection at all for the market selling off even -2%, oh how many times have seen that over the years, thus I'll still stick to selling the pops instead of buying the dips right now cause one of these days its not going to come back....The market is feeling heavier and heavier every day, especially tech....

#83 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:58 AM

Close NQ 18497.5

NQ LONG 18476.5
ES LONG 5302.75

HOLDING 2 EACH

#84 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:11 AM

Closed ES 5308.25

Close NQ 18497.5

NQ LONG 18476.5
ES LONG 5302.75

HOLDING 2 EACH

#85 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:29 AM

Well that was a non event but of course it was lol!!  Sure the market will remain pretty flat today anyhow as I noticed volume is non existent.  Do love my shorts though going into the long weekend, we'll see how they turn out in the end going into the weekend.  Tomorrow should be interesting to with the PCE number out and call options screaming bullish and volatility back to low levels.  Saw an interesting chart yesterday that showed no one has protection at all for the market selling off even -2%, oh how many times have seen that over the years, thus I'll still stick to selling the pops instead of buying the dips right now cause one of these days its not going to come back....The market is feeling heavier and heavier every day, especially tech....

The trimmed mean PCE was out last Friday ................................

Edited by redfoliage2, 28 March 2024 - 08:32 AM.

#86 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:45 AM

Heavier SELLING than I expected.
Maybe Q1 Portfolio adjusting etc by BIG MONEY

The selling part is likely done in the recent days including this morning, now not much time left for them to position for the bull run for the next quarter.  Very likely we are going to see the market making new highs as soon as next week  .....................

Good to see the market breadth turning up today from the recent dip, my intra-day breadth indicator today crossed the 0 line into the positive region and I expect NYMO to follow 

BTW, key economic data to be released tomorrow morning including GDP, initial jobless claims, and Chicago PMI, are likely to support the soft landing outlook for the US economy and so the the bull market .............................  

We are likely to see SPX 5400 or higher in the 2nd quarter unless future economic data stop supporting the soft land outlook or the Fed would not cut rates this year ........................

Well, market breadth turning strong in the afternoon indicating EOQ buying programs kicked in.  NYMO is very likely to close the day in positive land from the recent dip, and SPX is likely to close the day at HOD as the Bull Train 2024 leaving Station Q1 .................................

End of Day NYMO at 18.30, up nearly 30 points from yesterday's -11, that indicates EOQ buying programs running to position for the next quarter .......................

GDP data and jobless claims just released indicate US economy is humming along, supporting a bullish outlook for the stock market..

I bet more EOQ buying programs to be running in the afternoon today ..............................

Edited by redfoliage2, 28 March 2024 - 08:54 AM.

#87 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:46 AM

The trimmed mean PCE was out last Friday ................................

So all the hype about the PCE number out all over CNBC tomorrow morning is really the Pomegranate Curling Expenditure number reading???  I didn't think that was coming out till next month

#88 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:10 AM

Biggest rip-off of boomers in this century.

Edited by linrom1, 28 March 2024 - 09:11 AM.

#89 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:11 AM

NQ LONG 18496

Closed ES 5308.25

Close NQ 18497.5

NQ LONG 18476.5
ES LONG 5302.75

HOLDING 2 EACH

#90 dTraderB