ECONOMY

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4caster

4caster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:43 PM

Today some more bad economic news was reported. Drip, drip, drip. Canada Goose, a seller of luxury items

reported that the 2024 earnings estimates on the part of the Broad & Wall folks are too high. The company

reported that it's laying of 17% of its' corporate workforce. The company also reported that its' wholesale

revenues are particularly weak because their dept. store clients are being very careful about adding inventory

because they see a recession coming. Also, the Conference Board reported that its' Confidence Gauge fell

sharply in March to 73.8 from 76.3 in Feb. Historically, when this reading goes below 80 often, but not always,

a recession occurs. However, there was some good news today. Mcdonald's announced that it's going to sell

Krispy Kreme doughnuts at their outlets. I can't wait.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 07:43 AM

Might bring me back to McDonalds 😂
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 12:39 PM

Might bring me back to McDonalds

Not me! The cost of these fast food restaurants is now almost same as mid-price ethnic restaurants. I can buy a great large plate of Mongolian Beef with rice for two people for price of McDonald's meal.

Edited by linrom1, 27 March 2024 - 12:40 PM.

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 10:47 AM

As if it wasn't already a guaranteed heart attack.