Risk Windows for the Week of April 15th and Tit for Tat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 01:37 AM

Doing my British and American taxes suffering from numbers overload.  What a pain in the proverbial.  A cursory look at my risk summation system seems to show risk windows on Tuesday April 16th maybe dragging into Wednesday morning and on Friday April 19th.  

Last week the risk windows on Monday and Wednesday didn't catch anything in particular just minor wiggles in the swings down, so they were more or less duds.  The Friday risk window did appear to have caught a low based on futures action this morning, the magnitude of which depends on action Monday and into the risk window Tuesday. 

qctynSh.png

I suppose tit for tat in the middle east will probably determine the stock market direction this week unless one of the several Fed speakers has a moment of clarity and actually utters some concern about the inflation Phoenix starting to spread its wings. 

Short term EWave wise, I assume five waves down are underway in the channel shown below.  If the 4th wave rally currently unfolding breaks the red dashed line, my count is trashed and the 1-2-3 become a-b-c (and I'm not even one little bit surprised). 

zEdxPJs.png

Regards,

Douglas

#2 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:37 PM

Given NFLX's after-hours bomb, tomorrow April 19 may work for a wash-out low. 

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 08:31 AM

beta, you got sort of a wash-out last night in the futures at the red arrow in the finviz.com plot below when Israel did their tit for tat, but as of a few minutes ago the DJIA had recovered just about all of last night's plunge.  Sell the sound of trumpets and buy the sound of cannons I guess.  Strange grinding lower structure is still in tact, but it's been going on for so long now that some sort of sharp break in one direction or the other would seem likely.   The recent lousy sentiment readings would argue for a break up I suspect.

zQY2ly0.png

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 19 April 2024 - 08:32 AM.