next year they will raise rates again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 10:18 AM

in my opinion, but for this year they will cut. It's election year and the financial world needs money to put it in the stock market and make 

everybody happy, at least those who count. So the party is in and the cake is big, because anyone who counts has got his own part. And 

what about us, little retailers ? We can aggregate ourselves to those mentioned above or take a lot of fear from the newspapers' articles about

imminent crashes. Well, now what is better ? Taking money from the market or taking fear from newspapers with full hands ? I prefer money.  

Edited by andr99, 03 May 2024 - 10:19 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:25 AM

in my opinion, but for this year they will cut. It's election year and the financial world needs money to put it in the stock market and make 

everybody happy, at least those who count. So the party is in and the cake is big, because anyone who counts has got his own part. And 

what about us, little retailers ? We can aggregate ourselves to those mentioned above or take a lot of fear from the newspapers' articles about

imminent crashes. Well, now what is better ? Taking money from the market or taking fear from newspapers with full hands ? I prefer money.  

It does appear as though 2 yr could have just had a massive fail at 5%

Has to reclaim the 200 day downside though, but if it does, it would make the 5% fail look far more significant, and lend credence to the 2 yr leading the fed to cut. Since we all know the fed does not control anything....the market does.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 04 May 2024 - 12:59 PM

I'm expecting a stock market that rises possibly until the first quarter of 2025, then probably it drops a bit. And what might be the cause of the drop ? Rising rates.

They will raise rates because they will have high inflation again. I can't think to anything else.  

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard