Enjoy the HUGE SHORT SQUEEZE RALLY ... ES 5600 possible

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 20 May 2024 - 08:45 AM

Just a brief post - am now small NET SHORT. HOLDING JUST A FEW BIG TECH srocks & QQQ/SPY PUTS. Will add more PUTS above ES 5400 NQ 19200
NVDA EARNINGS STRANGLE: Opened 1 NVDA PUT & will add, will open the CALLs lower than 940
Wull do other strangles if inclined AND AM ALLOWED by...!
Enjoy this massive bubble ...could last until I am back next week. Hope so.

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 20 May 2024 - 08:52 AM

I should have waited to post lol!!   I'll repost here but totally agree this is turning into a bubble that always eventually sees a blow out lol!!! 

Markets so interesting here as it continues to ignore reality with zero volatility and call options screaming bullish meanwhile everyone is raising their earnings estimates now for the S&P to hit 5500 this year.  This is all possible of course but the problem is with no volatility and everyone ignoring rising bond yields, your setting up for a terrible result with the market moving down strongly.  Added a little to my short now at 5258 and 18446, I'll even them out with this rally to 5260 and 18450 if not more and sit to add after Niviidea's earnings on Wednesday as I'm assuming this move is rising on hopes not reality.  Lets see if reality returns sometime later this week lol!!

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2024 - 07:45 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzz did nividea report yet? zzzzzzzzzz

#4 Keepingcool

Keepingcool

• Traders-Talk User
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:25 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzz did nividea report yet? zzzzzzzzzz

lol

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2024 - 01:13 PM

Added to my shorts as we continue up here, average short now 5270 and big raise here on my ndx trade but easy when you don't have much on and want to bring it more inline with my ES short, its now up 18652

#6 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 21 May 2024 - 04:55 PM

You should consider entering credit spreads on the SPX ( selling one call buying one further OTM) opposed to buying puts. I only buy premium for day trades and very rarely do I hold overnight. Credit spreads, time is your friend due to the erosion of premium. Entering some now prior to the long, Memorial Day weekend is a good strategy.

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 22 May 2024 - 07:40 AM

Good morning everyone, this is the quietest board in a while on both the bull and bear side as everyone awaits the nividea report I guess lol!!  Market has been flat  as it awaits but call options are still hoping for another pop as they are way to high even with this being a longer expiration cycle at 24 days.  Should get interesting after the nividea report and we'll see how it goes in the end with the market fundamentally very expensive, bullishness through the roof and insanely overbought so at the least I'm sure volatility will return once we get this report out of the way..  Still holding my shorts so we'll see if I add or not tomorrow morning as I'm sure there are going to be some big swings after the report so best to see how things settle out by then.  Short at 5270 and 18655 now as I smoothed it out....

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 22 May 2024 - 07:47 AM

You should consider entering credit spreads on the SPX ( selling one call buying one further OTM) opposed to buying puts. I only buy premium for day trades and very rarely do I hold overnight. Credit spreads, time is your friend due to the erosion of premium. Entering some now prior to the long, Memorial Day weekend is a good strategy.

hmmmmm don't think you read my posts very much as I talk about selling option premium often as that has been my main trading vehicle for over 40 years saying that buying options is a bad way to trade when 88% of them expire worthless.  Also that over the years we have gone from the regular 3rd Friday cycle trades to monthly to weekly to now daily and now I'm waiting for the hourlys lol!!  I also once in a while throw a trade out there for everyone like the 5400's I put on here with prices last cycle and was talking to someone on here about the 5500 calls for this cycle.  I do day, trend trading for fun and its been well over a year I've even seen a loss there, all trades listed live on here.

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 22 May 2024 - 01:35 PM

NVDA 940 CALL ORDER filled... finally.
2 PUTS & 1 CALL
LIMIT ORDERS TO BUY small size NVDA LONGS 902, 872, 835 if traded.

Missed out on good A50 & HSI TRADES... BUT will get even better ones when I return next week. Be cateful... this market is now in blowoff mode but can quickly plunge 3 to 5% in a day or two.

Just a brief post - am now small NET SHORT. HOLDING JUST A FEW BIG TECH srocks & QQQ/SPY PUTS. Will add more PUTS above ES 5400 NQ 19200
NVDA EARNINGS STRANGLE: Opened 1 NVDA PUT & will add, will open the CALLs lower than 940
Wull do other strangles if inclined AND AM ALLOWED by...!
Enjoy this massive bubble ...could last until I am back next week. Hope so.

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 22 May 2024 - 01:36 PM

Well how about that time to profit stop my sold options with this turn down lol!!