Photo

Opinion for Wed Nov 19th

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Opinion for Wed Nov 19th (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinion for Wed Nov 19th

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:56 PM

Opinion for Wed Nov 19th

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:53 PM

Is it right for me to vote if I'm ALWAYS neutral about where I "think" the market is going? My portfolio is getting bearish but I'm neutral!
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#3 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:41 PM

Sentient Being, of course your vote is important. Neutral is just as important as bullish and bearish in this Poll. Thanks for participating.

#4 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:45 PM

SB, I was thinking earlier that Darris poll almost always has about 20% neutral. I hope it isn't the same 20% all the time. That would get boring.....fast! :D ufo
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#5 calb

calb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:55 PM

voting here is no different than voting in an election. My timer uses a sentiment survey with great success. Many have said they wont vote because they felt like a lab rat or guinea pig. Yet when the same members vote every week some great trades have been made from this data. Sorry Mark it's nots yours.

#6 js11222

js11222

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 11:42 PM

I wish all members voted in this poll. It is the only daily poll that shows active trader sentiment. It is practically saving us from having to make fifty individual phone calls to trading buddies finding out what they think. I swear by the theory that by watching volume action one can see clearly which side is on the defensive. I believe watching sentiment shifts has similar value, illuminating some otherwise unexplainable aberrations on the charts. We should go on other boards periodically to invite people to join this poll. In my three weeks of following this poll I noticed that when the bullish/bearish ratio is lopsided the next day there is at least a stall in the price movement. This is one way I find it useful. (tonight nearly 2:1 bear/bull ratio is not lopsided) An other way is when there is a standoff (hesitation) like after mondays' action and the market just keeps going, basically then it is weaker than expected. I am sure there are other connections I just have not noticed them. I suspect that combinig the poll info with shifts in the up/dn volume ratio(which represents the factual condition of the market) and using short term oscillators we'll have a good grasp of the flow of the market. One should be asking at each junction: against what kind of background did what happen happen? After todays action nearly twice as many voted bullish then bearish and it would not be a surprise if the market rallied, but, if tomorrw is another down or sideways that would be a surprise. The beauty of the poll is that it contains the information from the serious to the shoot from the hip, from the beginner to a guy like me who has been trading for decades, from the bear to the super bull, so everyone's vote is important.