spx...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:57 PM

fwiw, i've spent quite a bit of time over the past several days looking over the monthly, weekly, and daily charts of both the dow and spx...

in light of all i took in, and in an attempt to reconcile their differences, it appears to me that that the most likely fractal candidate is still a bearish bias of a 1-2, 1-2 down, where wave-iii of the first minor wave would now be in progress...

though a bit less bearish possibility could be that we've started off Wave-Y:IV (imho) with a leading diagonal, which would account for the potential wave-i/wave-iv overlap (see dow chart for this alt count)...

wierd and choppy wave structure of late leaves me wanting to see more fractal development before dogmatically stepping too far out onto a limb at this juncture...

tho i am still of the opinion that the next leg down of Intermediate Wave-IV began back in March... but as always, twt.

--tsharp

here's a chart i prepared about a month ago of what my thinking for the next 18-24 months could look like in terms of the spx... that first leg down would be minor wave-(i):Y:IV

Posted Image

my bearish bias is not only due to my observation of the fractal behavior, but is also influenced by some of the indicators i use to determine the larger trend in general...

two charts below suggest that the IT trend is down; first through the bull/bear filter i use, then also through the 21WMAC, which you will see rejected the price level several days ago, as would be expected in a bear market:

Posted Image

Posted Image

now for current fractal charts of the spx:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and finally, the somewhat less bearish alt count on the dow:

Posted Image

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,885 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:50 PM

Thanks Tim. I'm always amazed by your work and I eventually kick myself when I disagree.

#3 pabletto

pabletto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

[quote name='tsharp' date='May 14 2005, 10:57 PM']

tsharp, where are you?