Watch closely amigos, it is

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

how do we know we are in abc down here? or, more to the point, this could all be a 5 wave down move of a large A in a corrective dwon move of a higher degree, , targetting MUCH lower. a nervous 20% long....

#32 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

Dougie,

Technically, there is no way to know when this correction will end and where it will end. Ewaves do not suggest a low is at hand yet.

However, I like to deal with probablities on targets. Let's say HUI targets are possibly 280 - 270, 260 - 250, and 250 - 240. I don't see proper divergences to suggest a low near 280, but 270 may provide a ST low and good bounce point. If not then I look to the next target as 260 - 250. A damning piece of evidence are the MACD weekly crosses on the HUI and XAU and now finally gold. This suggests the correction could take hold for a while. However, once we bottom, there will be a very nice long entry for a bounce, but I am unsure just when we will be ready for the next major upleg.

Posted Image

Regarding support resistance levels, HUI 300 was lost so now we have to find the next support level. I don't think it comes in until about HUI 260 which is the breakout level. The XAU tested 124 as a possible support level today, but we are more likely to go down and test the breakout area of 110 - 115 on the XAU.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 08 March 2006 - 06:32 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#33 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:36 AM

Something is breaking out. What is it? Is it some European market. Gold? A company? I am back from the high mountain desert with this sense of a brakout. I just don,t know what it is.