• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:46 AM

Hi Ageka,

Since this is only a daily cycle high and not a monthly cycle high I am not only holding I am buying into this correction. Buy and Hold will work if the long term means 3 years or longer

Everything I look at right now is signalling a sell in the sector on a daily chart basis, while the weekly moves more slowly. Since I don't know what kind of pullback is in store, I take the cautious stance in this sector at all times. May 2005 seemed like a decent place for buy & hold, but right now it is a trade for me. I still have my overseas funds and some silver juniors, but the big positions were gone on Friday.

Personally I think it is too early to buy, and it is better to wait for a buy setup. Due to the volatility in this sector, I would rather trade lightly then just hold everything through this. Been there before (2004) and it can be quite hard. The bullion we own stays put of course.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#22 ageka

ageka

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:07 AM

HI John I was in the 1980 run with physical and shares The shares sometimes went up 25 % and then fell down all the way and back up again I was not able to even swing trade them at the time but of course I did not have computer analysis programs then I got out with like 80% of the total gains This time around I am trying the Sinclair approach of selling 1/3 at the peak I am doing slightly better then a buy and hold since 1999 :( I have all my life been buying back too early but selling close to peaks All my shares priced in euro were closer to oversold last friday and well below peak price In theory the low will be in the next 30 days so I will keep some money for that moment At the same time I am trying to re invest in more volatile miners My latest is Drooy for the first time in my life :huh: By the end of the year I might need some Canadian junior names because I think in South Africa Drooy is as volatile as they come

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:29 AM

well perhaps, i trade and hold most in a core position. i think the lows have either been seen or we rally today and maybe tomorrow and then new lows and its over. i am counting this as a Cwave down. the one year anniversary from the may 05 lows is today. an important cycle point for gann traders. good luck. dharma

#24 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

Hi guys, I can see a bounce from today. This will probably be fairly weak. But I am willing to play long for a trade in the XGD.TO iunits on the TSX. I'd like to see HUI 335 and XAU 145 hold for this to happen. If the intermediate top for this run is in, I don't think we will take out HUI 400 until much later this year. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#25 ageka

ageka

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:12 AM

well perhaps, i trade and hold most in a core position. i think the lows have either been seen or we rally today and maybe tomorrow and then new lows and its over. i am counting this as a Cwave down. the one year anniversary from the may 05 lows is today. an important cycle point for gann traders. good luck. dharma

I am with you on this scenario :)