Senor ADIOSED all longs

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

I though the gold stocks and the common stocks would de couple, but looking at NEM's chart back in 2001 it had a high correlation.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#12 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

Hmmmm..... Gold is down +$20 today and DROOY is up 1 cent? My specs and juniors are looking OK. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#13 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

One thing I would say however is that cycles seem to be getting mucho mucho faster. look at how quickly and rapidly the housing figures deteriorated. It reminds me of Chambers' comments about the capex cycle when he said we were just coasting along and then whooosh, out of the blue the pipe of orders just stopped. it does mean swifter policy response imo.

Hmmmm..... Gold is down +$20 today and DROOY is up 1 cent?

My specs and juniors are looking OK.

cheers,

john

One or two UK stocks also holdig up, when normally they get hit hard when the metal gets hammered.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#14 Rock

Rock

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

HUI still holding at the breakout point. Just a routine retest so far. Bullish compared to the drop in gold, so far. Dharma, I think the puppet masters will support the broads til the elections, somehow. Just like they cut prices on gas right on time. Welcome to the Soviet Union. Gotta go read Pravda now.

#15 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

Note that GLD filled its gap @ 61.43 today (8/30).

Edited by beta, 07 September 2006 - 11:05 AM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#16 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

Bot SLV (124.5x), hanging right at the bottom of the rising channel. CDE looks like one more gap to go (5.15) ... moving up stop on SLV to break-even, could drop to 118-122 before it bottoms.

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Senor has sold all longs as HUI 350 was broken. Relaxing with bueno profits.

BS is beautiful

Senor

Senor could reenter pronto if prices rally from here, but for now he is just watching. Willing to give up 1-2% to play it safe. Remember, Senor only trading gold and silver ETF's and GDX ETF.

NO BS

Senor

#18 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

I was wondering if you were doing that. Playing it safe sometimes keeps one in the game being able to play. Sometimes the big moves are so obvious there seems less risk. Have to agree this is a little dubious. But that is the beast EH? Good move.

#19 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:40 PM

Out of SLV for 1.50 -- will wait for it again @ 123 gap.

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

hi john, i watch the dollar , but i dont trade the gold shares based on the dollar. however, what i was bringing out is when the dollar falls for real, gold will get buoyed. paul, we shall see. i have put my money where my mouth is, i am short iwm. dharma