XAU Targets

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

Let's see how this plays out. 115 should be support, but time symmetry would indicate we won't bounce long.
Note that if C=1.618 x A, target is 80.

Comments welcome.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$XAU&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p39915095885&a=57905006&r=300.png

Edited by HiFiGuy, 03 October 2006 - 08:47 PM.

"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#2 Caduceus

Caduceus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

Interesting analysis, thanks for sharing it. I am also thinking that we will visit the 100-110 area before we see a solid bottom. I would be suprised to see it as low as 80 but anything is possible. Here is a chart I follow. We are nearing the "buy zone". I think this next IT low will be a great oppurtunity to add long-term positions. :redbull: [attachment=4800:attachment] Good Trading,

#3 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:05 AM

HiFiGuy,

C waves or third waves come in 5 waves as clear impulses. That is what we are doing right now. We have to be in a 5th wave, which is extending (your c of C as shown). That is how I count with classic EW, but then if you look at Neely, it is a completely different methodology. We can still hit your target area with such a count. Note however, extended 5th wave declines retrace quite quickly. Think in terms of a rubber band. It is being stretched to its limits and we will get there in a matter of days. :D

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:57 AM

I dont se how you can make this count as 5 down for a C....
looks like we are in a 3 down of C here....

HiFiGuy,

C waves or third waves come in 5 waves as clear impulses. That is what we are doing right now. We have to be in a 5th wave, which is extending (your c of C as shown). That is how I count with classic EW, but then if you look at Neely, it is a completely different methodology. We can still hit your target area with such a count. Note however, extended 5th wave declines retrace quite quickly. Think in terms of a rubber band. It is being stretched to its limits and we will get there in a matter of days. :D

cheers,

john

#5 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

dougie,

At this point I will not hang my hat on EW. This is what I had a few days ago.

Posted Image

We are almost done here.

I bought NEM Jan 45 calls at $1.60.

Will accumulate more here and tomorrow.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#6 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:55 AM

Based on intraday counts, I wouls say we just entered a 5th of a 5th, or we are in a 4th wave now from 275 and we have one more decline (final 5th wave) push down here. I know it looks like a death spiral, but that is how they always look near the end. Meanwhile gold is quickly getting to the next target zone of $550. cheers, john

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

but your stated targets above are 250/260 a long ways below

#8 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

dougie,

but your stated targets above are 250/260 a long ways below

The 5th of a 5th will extend as well. I've done this before. Check my post on May 9th 2004, the day before the May 10th bottom. Same deal.

cheers,

john

#9 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for both of your comments. Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the 5th/5th extends, and we're in w3 of C, i think we go even lower than 104. w3 cannot be the shortest wave of an impulse. if w5 extends, then w3 must be at least as long as w1, which was a 32 pt decline. w4 may retrace a significant % of w3 (50-62% typically, but not to exceed xau= 121), but then w5 would hit catching early bulls off guard.... note also that there's a big h&s target in play which also projects to the 80 range.. be careful here with picking a bottom. i realize there's no crystal ball, but this is a FF forecast. money management rules. thanks again for your input. :)

Edited by HiFiGuy, 04 October 2006 - 12:53 PM.

"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#10 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

HiFiGuy

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the 5th/5th extends, and we're in w3 of C, i think we go even lower than 104.

I think we have one more push down as we should be in wave 4 of 5 of wave C. So a 5th of a 5th to go here to finish. The 250 - 260 target is still good IMO.

If you look at this count. The decline from HUI 308 is the 5th wave of C.

Posted Image

cheers,

john