• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:44 AM

Anyone want to get me that Chrysler that they keep advertising in the google ad? :lol: They must think that we're all doin' well this year. I guess I am, but I'm not buying a new "hemi". I just figured that we put 12,000 miles on our old BMW over the past 2.5 years. At that rate, I won't need a new one for a long time. :lol: Mark P.S. Did I mention that I'm done with Christmas shopping AND I have all the Xmas refreshments stocked up? :P I can walk to my butcher for my prime rib if I feel I need the exercise shlepping 15 lbs of meat, too. I'm having a green christmas!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

Just thought I'd mention a first for me...I actually bought some jewelry for my wife online at Blue Nile. I'd recommend them. I would have never thought I'd buy this type of item online, but now I don't think I would do otherwise. IT

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:58 AM

I've done that as well and been VERY happy. Also buy glasses and contact lenses online. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#4 Guru Dudette

Guru Dudette

Prince of Dorkness

• Admin
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:06 AM

Most of my holiday gifts either came from Overstock.com (edited...doy!), Ebay.com or Amazon.com. All good for me, quick delivery, too. Everyone seems to state that delivery will be 7-10 days, but the things I've been ordering always seem to arrive in 2-3 days. :) Any other recommendations of online shopping? (good prices, good service..etc.) I'm always looking for last minute gifts...
"I'd rather be vaguely right than precisely wrong." J.M.Keynes

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:15 AM

L. L. Bean & Blair Great stuff, all kinds, return anything no questions asked. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#6 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

Glasses online? Who are you using?
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#7 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:39 AM

L. L. Bean & Blair

Great stuff, all kinds, return anything no questions asked.
mss

Thanks for using LL Bean.. It's down the road from us. Nearly everyone around here works there or has a family member that works there. Keeps our economy strong and we thank you! In fact, I'm in "uniform" right now...
Bean's pants bean shirt and belt and Bean's shoes. If I wasn't dressed that way I'd get yelled at by my patients for wearing someone else's brand!

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:58 AM

Glasses online? Who are you using?

For my cheapies, I use 39dollarglasses.com (though they end up being more than that). I've not found a place online to buy really sexy frames, as yet. Still, this outfit gives good service and dirt cheap prices on decent glasses and lenses.

Also recommended is 1-800-contacts. Great service.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#9 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:44 AM

Merry Christmas and happy new year all, the market is up more than 80% of the time the day before Christmas and up 68% of the time the day after...