• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

Chlorine in the bathwater is linked to cancer

snip<Low levels of chlorine in tap water used for bathing can almost double the risk of bladder cancer, a study claims.

Scientists found chemical by-products from mains water containing the disinfectant can be absorbed through the skin in the bath or shower and accumulate in the bladder. >snip
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#2 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Incidence of urinary bladder cancer in men, all races, is 37 per 100,000 population. For hispanic, Native Amercian, Alaskan and Blacks, it is in the 9 per 100,000 to 15 per 100,000 range. These numbers, by the way, are WAY less than prostate or colon or lung (cigarette). You might want to look at populations of people who are not exposed to chlorine. Do you think that all blacks, hispanics and native americans don't drink or bathe with chlorine? mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#3 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Sorry, forgot this:
the incidence of bladder cancer in ALL women is 9 per 100,000 and does not even appear in the top 10 for ethnic AMERICAN women (i.e. american oriental, native american, black, etc).

Cigarette smoking has been closely linked to most, not all, bladder cancer.

Draw your own conclusions.

mm

#4 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

Incidence of urinary bladder cancer in men, all races, is 37 per 100,000 population. For hispanic, Native Amercian, Alaskan and Blacks, it is in the 9 per 100,000 to 15 per 100,000 range.

These numbers, by the way, are WAY less than prostate or colon or lung (cigarette).

You might want to look at populations of people who are not exposed to chlorine. Do you think that all blacks, hispanics and native americans don't drink or bathe with chlorine?

mm

Funny you bring that up... I was thinking along those lines when I was reading this article... Good points!!!!!
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#5 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

Restaurant Scorecard: "The Dirty Ice Test"

http://www.nbc15onli...1c-11720e091de6
vitaminm

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

I was going to say that I'd bet many more folks would die from water-borne disease in the absence of Chlorine.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

Kind of reminded me of this picture we have on our bulletin board in the waiting room.....

Posted Image

:) mm

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:39 PM

LOL! You just added another year to my life with that laugh.