More on OEX

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:53 AM

Below is a one month daily comparison chart indicating how OEX underperformed the other indices except NDX for the last month. Like I said in my previous post, OEX lost its leadership.

Posted Image

Below is 5 year weekly chart, clearly showing that the main reason OEX has been lagging the other major indices is the fact that it is up against the long term channel top line pressuring the index for almost 2 months now ! This chart shows the next possible target on the downside is 648.

Posted Image

And below is a one month daily chart. Note that daily closes within the megaphone has the clues about the direction of the breakout.

Posted Image

Below is 10 day 30 minute intraday chart showing the megaphone or expanding triangle formation in detail.

Posted Image

and of course smart money has already been positioned for it (this chart is from yesterday which is not much changed)

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 08 February 2007 - 04:58 AM.

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

Broadening Top formation = megaphone.

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:37 AM

OEX implied volatility declined today despite the lower close, I would give the benefit of the doubt for a little bit more upside. I guess SPX can also achieve a bit higher like airedale says, but I am not frothing here... btw, RUT is still carrying the late bull flag, I think it will mark the top, unless it did :)

#4 cafeflorida

cafeflorida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:34 AM

On Thursday, January 25, OEX reached
699.99 intraday, 0.14 points shy of the
0.618 Fib retracement from the 2002 lows.

Peter Eliades reminds us of that in his
Feb. 2nd newsletter.

The Fib 0.618 retracement would be
OEX 670.13, says Peter E.

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

On Thursday, January 25, OEX reached
699.99 intraday

You mean 669.99

#6 cafeflorida

cafeflorida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

yep. 669.99

#7 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

Below is a one month daily comparison chart indicating how OEX underperformed the other indices except NDX for the last month. Like I said in my previous post, OEX lost its leadership.

Posted Image

Below is 5 year weekly chart, clearly showing that the main reason OEX has been lagging the other major indices is the fact that it is up against the long term channel top line pressuring the index for almost 2 months now ! This chart shows the next possible target on the downside is 648.

Posted Image

And below is a one month daily chart. Note that daily closes within the megaphone has the clues about the direction of the breakout.

Posted Image

Below is 10 day 30 minute intraday chart showing the megaphone or expanding triangle formation in detail.

Posted Image

and of course smart money has already been positioned for it (this chart is from yesterday which is not much changed)

Posted Image

THANKS, EXELLENT CHART WORK and CONCLUSIOS as always

after 2 to 3 days of sideways to down,I can see a final upmove especially in the S+P to meet air88,s target.Then down till the end of march,then a rally and down to the 4,5 yr low later in spring or early summer,then a hell of a rally into the fall or yearend....A TRADERS PARADISE. W HAT MORE CAN WE ASK FOR

Good trading to all.

Pisces.....

#8 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:33 AM

XD..I agree and have gone on about OEX before and that's why I'm short oex with puts as apposed to spx this time around. You and I differ on the longer term at this point however unless 615 is taken out south and especially 604

This thing is on the brink of death...just waiting for someone to pull the plug. Really need a close now below 660 though to confirm...otherwise the last leg of a 5 could still be out there especially if mid band holds.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX&p=D&yr=1&mn=4&dy=0&i=p00983982321&a=87693315&r=9091.png

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

XD..I agree and have gone on about OEX before and that's why I'm short oex with puts as apposed to spx this time around. You and I differ on the longer term at this point however unless 615 is taken out south and especially 604

This thing is on the brink of death...just waiting for someone to pull the plug. Really need a close now below 660 though to confirm...otherwise the last leg of a 5 could still be out there especially if mid band holds.

Maybe I should grab a few contracts for myself too.
OEX options are one of those with very low premium, I am sure those puts could double / triple once they pull the plug.