TT Website still infected?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

This is the only site I have trouble with, trouble meaning it takes several minutes to log on, several minutes to view a single post, etc. I'm just wondering whether the problem is on my end or whether anyone else is still having a problem. TIA Bullshort

#2 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

Not you're machine, this is the only site I'm having trouble with. I'd donate if I thought it would help. I don't think it's wide spread over the net.

#3 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

I've been trying to post a new topic for an hour and the site keeps locking up...no post possible. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

if you have cable connection...or close to a wifi link and you keep ur cache cleared and ur putter is a newer model with 12000 jigabytes......then u will have no trouble........i cant log on to tt with my older think pad....but my new nuclear powered HP cyberblaster makes it easy......snort

#5 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

I have been having problems too. Ever since that major DOS. I'd like to smack those buggers who messed up this site. :angry: Its such a good board. :D
OTIS.

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

I also had trouble days ago but now it seems to be intermittent and not as bad.

Out of curiosity I was wondering if everyone happens to be using the same ISP.

I know ever since TimeWarner took over Comcast on the West Coast there services have taken a crap.

Geezzz what happen to the good old days of

simply buying out a company,,without destroying the services and upsetting most of your new customers.

And for those out there that need a SUPER DUPER TUNE UP down load and install this program then use the

1-Click maintenance, set it to work everyday,..also comes with its own uninstall prgm if you're a worrier.

Unlike most tuneup prgms this one is not scary. Even Reg maintenance is safe to do for a novice.

I've used it for years and trust it enough I don't even save back ups anymore, ..but you can.

Read thru it and you'll be glad you tried it.

http://www.tune-up.com/download/

Edited by Mr Dev, 23 February 2007 - 12:49 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,024 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:37 AM

We're still under attack, but we're getting better at fighting back. In fact, we're getting totally creamed this morning, but my access isn't too bad. Yanno, it would be nice if there were some sort of international authority which would find and prosecute these folks. I can tell you that the economic cost of this type of thing is one heck of a lot higher to businesses than, say, the drug dealing across the river. They have millions of resources devoted to stopping them. What government is doing ANYTHING to stop or to encourage or co-ordinate private efforts to stop spam and DOS-type attacks? I mean, I saw NO positive change in my spam load after CANSPAM, except that I went from hundreds each week to thousands of pieces of spam. :/ :(

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:05 AM

What government is doing ANYTHING to stop or to encourage or co-ordinate private efforts to stop spam and DOS-type attacks? I mean, I saw NO positive change in my spam load after CANSPAM, except that I went from hundreds each week to thousands of pieces of spam.

Your second sentence demonstrates why you really don't want government trying to "help" in any way.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,024 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:22 AM

well, yeah, EXCEPT that the sole proper use for government is to defend its citizens from attack. It would seem that they proudly defending us from one "problem" at huge economic expense and with no economic benefit in return, and yet totally ignoring crime which costs $BILLIONS in productivity each week. Oh, well, rant off. We'll defend ourselves. Heaven take the hindmost. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter