This awta be fun to watch.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Watch Hochberg on CNBC tomorrow Elliott Wave International's Steven Hochberg, editor of The Short Term Update and monthly Financial Forecast services, will take part in a bull vs. bear debate at 12:20 p.m. EST, Tuesday (Feb. 27) on CNBC.

#2 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

i like the risk free subscription part ----but its only risk free if you ignore their advice <_< but anyway he'll say something along these lines (probably hasnt changed much since 1987): --------------------------------------------------------- Fact: Over the last two trading sessions, the "OW!" has returned to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, with prices plunging over 100 points in their worst slump in nearly a month. As for why, well that's horse of a different color; namely, black & white striped. See, according to the mainstream "experts," US stocks hit a sour note the very day that Iranian officials passed on the United Nations Security Council-imposed February 21 deadline to pull the plug on nuclear-enrichment programs. On this, these February 22 news items say plenty: ------------------------ thoroughly enjoy all of the EWI publications, but especially enjoyed Bob's book "The Wave Principle of Human Social Behavior". I sincerely believe it deserves a Nobel Prize. S.M. Read more testimonials Send us your testimonial * "Iran's determination to enrich uranium took the momentum out of the market." (DJ MarketWatch) * "US stocks turned negative as Iran's refusal chilled investors."(Reuters) * "Today's turnaround was due to Iran not complying with the UN. Iran is the monkey wrench in the system. It is very worrisome to a market that you might say is priced for perfection, where everything needs to continue to be nice and happy." (Bloomberg) Hello. Is anyone home? Relations with Iran over the last few months have been about as "nice" and "happy" as Cujo. If the market hadn't digested the inevitability that Iran would not go along with the UN's plan by the February 21 deadline -- well, it needs a whole lot more fiber in its diet. In the days leading up to the cut-off time, in fact, Iran's decision to refuse the sanctions was already set in stone: On February 11, thousands of marchers thronged the streets of Tehran to mark the 28th Anniversary of the 1979 Iranian revolution. Revelers used the celebration to cement opposition toward their western "bullies," waving banners reading "Nuclear energy is an inalienable right of the Iranian nations," and singing chants such as "Death to America." On February 17, the International Atomic Energy Agency received word that "Iran would not suspend its enrichment-related activities" as per the Feb. 21 deadline. February 20, Iran's deputy foreign minister reiterated prior remarks, adding: "Negotiation and talks," NOT "the path of confrontation and issuing resolutions" is the only way to win our nation's cooperation. Yet in all that time, US stocks had no trouble soaring skyward to hit a fresh, all-time high on February 20. In what universe, exactly, does it make sense that the DJIA would shrug off "Death to America" slogans one day AND then plummet over 100 points on already-been-chewed news the next? Well, for those of us still living on planet Earth, our Elliott Wave Theorist has just published a special, February 21 Interim Report regarding the long-term trend underway in the major US averages. In EWT's own words: "It appears time to get aggressive again… Three aspects of the Wave Principle have converged to indicate that the Dow is within hours of" a move of great significance. With four pages and five, eye-popping charts, EWT's message is one of the most urgent in quite some time; Don't miss it on account of the connect-the-NOT mainstream media.Get immediate online access via a risk-free subscription. --------------------------------------- thoroughly enjoy all of the EWI publications, but especially enjoyed Bob's book "The Wave Principle of Human Social Behavior". I sincerely believe it deserves a Nobel Prize. S.M. Read more testimonials Send us your testimonial

Edited by snorkels4, 26 February 2007 - 09:49 PM.

Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#3 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:07 PM

I guess we're going higher, defying all odds

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$CPC...id=p91997617787

"darn it, it just bugs me when the market goes up and there's capital appreciation!" :lol:

Edited by Vector, 26 February 2007 - 10:09 PM.

#4 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:28 AM

I guess we're going higher, defying all odds ...

"darn it, it just bugs me when the market goes up and there's capital appreciation!" :lol:

:lol:
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#5 The End

The End

• Traders-Talk User
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:43 AM

I thought Hochberg left Prechter. When did he come back?
NONE of what I type should be taken as financial advice.