Photo

I guess this morning's action settles it...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

and a wide one with the increasing volatility... ... an IT top by March could be in by a day too... Slowly getting ready for the 10-12% correction for the summer, so many short positions can not be right though for the VST... This is not like the '90s, the picture is very different, the tech stocks and the USD are not getting stronger, so the rising volatility will first lead to a correction, imho. - kisa

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:40 AM

My thinking here is, with or without a bounce tomorrow, the first magnet area is 1415-1420 until next week, then a stronger bounce until the 2nd wk of March and a decline to 1385 area for the 20wk cycle low late March for a reversal until mid May. The March FOMC should mark a low, imho. I was thinking here that the market will deliver an inverted yield curve to the Fed by the March meeting, if the dollar gains strength in the mean time, you can be sure the Fed will use a different language...

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

I get bragging rights on today's action... :D Couple of weeks ago I had posted my opinion that the trigger for a significant US market decline will be from the parabolic China market. Until the Shanghai market stabilizes, I am staying flat.

Edited by pdx5, 27 February 2007 - 12:20 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule