• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

Armstrong's 2/27/07 top was quite a popular theme, too popular, bottom instead of top?

Edited by pnfwave, 27 February 2007 - 01:11 PM.

*previously known as pnfwave

#2 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:13 PM

well advertised date..could be...holding short weeks before and waiting for it...nada..tried that months earlier, you would have been killed short waiting for his date...more likely to be long than anything else..bulls could wish for a 1-3 day 300-500 pt purge and be over.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$INDU&p=D&b=3&g=0&i=t40497477762&r=3956.png

#3 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:22 PM

Armstrong's 2/27/07 top was quite a popular theme, too popular, bottom instead of top?

:huh:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

So I tried googling "Armstrong," and I learned a lot about flooring, Lance Armstrong's foundation, and -- oh yes -- the Charles Armstrong School serving the dyslexic learner by providing an appropriate educational experience.

Maybe you've got your nose pressed so hard against the bark that you can no longer see the trees, much less the forest.
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#4 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:31 PM

Maybe you've got your nose pressed so hard against the bark that you can no longer see the trees, much less the forest.

it was just a simple observation, i did not intend to insult anyone.
Best to you and i really do mean that.
Hope you find what you looking for in this market.
*previously known as pnfwave

#5 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:37 PM

it was just a simple observation, i did not intend to insult anyone.
Best to you and i really do mean that.
Hope you find what you looking for in this market.

Very well advertised..even I heard about it!

http://www.traders-t...showtopic=66528

Edited by Tor, 27 February 2007 - 01:37 PM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:37 PM

Armstrong cycle is a business cycle, it has less to do with the stock market turning dates, in this case, it is saying something is changing from here. The Armstrong business cycle was also created based on the conditions and past observations of its time, a lot of things have changed since then. The economy's and the markets' efficiency and the central bank driven policies skew these cyclical pictures too. I'd rather trade what's going on in the markets at the moment...

#7 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

I didn't mean to insult anyone either. I was just reacting to the notion that someone would be giving serious weight to the notion that a specific date for a top or a bottom could be predicted far in advance -- and then to the even more far-fetched notion that so many people were paying attention to such a prediction and that it therefore might be worth fading. TA is great and there's a lot to be learned from it. But there's also a lot of "magical thinking" associated with it that just leaves me shaking my head. BTW, anyone heard from Nenner recently? :D
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

<<TA is great and there's a lot to be learned from it. But there's also a lot of "magical thinking" associated with it that just leaves me shaking my head. >> And I agree jd! For example the move today has more to do with Shanglo, Greenspan and Mfg index than the most sophisticated TA.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule