If the bounce starts...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2cents

2cents

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:33 AM

There are several reasons for this. First, gold has been the leader for the past month and there's a lot of forward momentum. Second, it's the last monthly infusion for Canadian RRSP's and gold stocks have lead the parade for 2 years with a much higher percentage of ownership in Canada. Third, there are a lot of foreign investors in US equities taking a bigger haircut than their homeland investments because of the condition of the dollar. Anyone from Euope that has invested in the US over the last 2 years has now lost money. Repatriation of currency should drive the USD off a cliff in the next week or so. Gold stocks should fly today.
My opinion isn't worth the HTML it's written on

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:51 AM

Hi 2cents.. you playing GLD? have an upside target? what miners you like? I own your fav Canadian name..bought it long ago when you first mentioned...thank you

Edited by hiker, 28 February 2007 - 07:52 AM.

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:30 AM

hello 2cents, Sorry to spoil the party, but I think gold stocks are quite finished for the time being. The market never bought HMY in the current upswing. Others like NEM and IAG were also weak. In silver, PAAS was a big star, but CDE did not join the party. These divergences are not signs of a healthy market. Best, Greenie
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#4 2cents

2cents

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:58 AM

Hi 2cents..

you playing GLD?

have an upside target?

what miners you like? I own your fav Canadian name..bought it long ago when you first mentioned...thank you

Hiker

My first target for gold short term is 725 and then IT 850. I like BGO GG CDE and I'm loading up on SAS.TO. The later took some time to et moving but looks like there's some momentum now. How about you. What do you like?

hello 2cents,

Sorry to spoil the party, but I think gold stocks are quite finished for the time being. The market never bought HMY in the current upswing. Others like NEM and IAG were also weak. In silver, PAAS was a big star, but CDE did not join the party. These divergences are not signs of a healthy market.

Best, Greenie

Hi Greenie

I think HMY has been lagging for a while and there are other smaller miners that are steeling the show from NEM. I don't often disagree with you but I will this time. I think gold is stagging to fly.
My opinion isn't worth the HTML it's written on

#5 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:28 AM

Take look at a KGC chart. It makes good moves when things are hopping in either direction. Great to trade! At the same time it is a large stable miner with good strategies if you miss a sell.
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.