Photo

Trying to get short here, for at least a day trade.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

141925 basis Mar ES. Wide stop. We'll see if we get it. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

have been scaling out of ES longs since about 3 points ago and was looking near your order for final exit ...and or flipping... saw your post below.... thanks btw, note the MA's where support held for RSH today...also near the top of unfilled gap 23.44 at the time was the 200 sma on the 13 minute I am now out RSH on the bump to an impt MA

Edited by hiker, 28 February 2007 - 10:58 AM.

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

It looks like it's going without me. Still, they may give it another go for lunch. I hate to chase. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

watch 1418.20...you should get hit if we get there on spx....cowboy short there...I'd play a tight stop..it could run a bit above there. fwiw

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

I'm thinking we're just going to be testing that big volume stick around 142000ish. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

Mark,
I'm sure you are actually waiting for a SHORT SIGNAL

and didn't just set a SHORT ENTRY based on numbers alone, y/n?

Why not wait for a 23-30 SPIKE of the MACD thru the zero line and SHORT THAT?

If I can't watch it I sometime calibrate approximate price and get pretty darn close. I feel that the just setting a

price higher than here approach, will surely mean that the trade will likely go against you for sometime as

apposed to being profitable rather quickly.

Thoughts?

Best ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#7 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

1412.50 was the January low on ES...as long as we are above that..it's going to try and stab higher....need a 10min bar close below there now for down.

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

1412.50 was the January low on ES...as long as we are above that..it's going to try and stab higher....need a 10min bar close below there now for down.

Hi T,
Not sure of the points as I don't watch price on the ES or the SPX but that trade makes sense as long as any following

10m bars also do not turn and breach. I would still rather monitor the st 4m oscillators vs the 23m,

good thing there is more than one way to skin a market. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:47 PM

Mark,
I'm sure you are actually waiting for a SHORT SIGNAL and didn't just set a SHORT ENTRY based on numbers alone, y/n?

I already have a Short Signal. As of the open. Now, all I have to do is pick my spot. With an volatile and oversold market, I'm not going to take the first sell trigger, I can tell. I can, however, pick a resistance area that is likely to coinside with a repeat sell, and put an order out there. As it turns out, I was just a bit late and/or a bit high.

Why not wait for a 23-30 SPIKE of the MACD thru the zero line and SHORT THAT?

Because I don't use that tool in my day trading. Might, however, if I watch it for a while.[/font][/font][i][b][font=Times]

If I can't watch it I sometime calibrate approximate price and get pretty darn close. I feel that the just setting a price higher than here approach, will surely mean that the trade will likely go against you for sometime as apposed to being profitable rather quickly.

Well, thanks to Semi, I've learned the value of volume an thanks to my chart work, I have learned to see good resistance. It's surprising how often support and resistance generate powerful moves, pretty much on a dime.

In this case, we know the trend to be down. We know the sentiment supports more selling near term. I looked at the ES and I saw that area of congestion just below the high volume stick on the 5' chart. I figured that we'd poke up into there. I was just a bit too cute and should have used a lower limit. But then again, I was in and out and distracted, so I rushed to get the idea out there before I had to leave my desk.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#10 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

I already have a Short Signal. As of the open. Now, all I have to do is pick my spot. With an volatile and oversold market, I'm not going to take the first sell trigger, I can tell. I can, however, pick a resistance area that is likely to coinside with a repeat sell, and put an order out there. As it turns out, I was just a bit late and/or a bit high.

Thanks, well good luck maybe tomorrow will be the day that comes to you. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev