Bottom could be in...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

...or a lasting rally at least, possible retest sometime next week.

Check out the RSI and especially the CCI levels.

Net long now w/hedge.

Posted Image

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

Consider that this is the largest one day drop since 9/11 2001, look at the rsi back then - it went quite abit lower than this time. Is 3 gentle days off selling and one violent one enough? It would be more typical for it to find a short term bottom on thursday or friday. This isolated gap down doesn't really look very attractive to attempt a long on...kind of like the Road Runner hanging mid-air beside the cliff! We'll see.

Edited by Russ, 28 February 2007 - 05:14 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Definitely not without risk, and why I'm hedged.

#4 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Last time it took 3 spikes of 1.52, 1.36 and 1.34 to do the job.....I think you are early for picking a bottom.....Plus this bottom has no fear.....none what so ever.
Charthttp://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$CPC&p=D&yr=0&mn=11&dy=0&id=p72359394143.png

Edited by traderpaul, 28 February 2007 - 05:32 PM.

"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

Last time it took 3 spikes of 1.52, 1.36 and 1.34 to do the job.....I think you are early for picking a bottom.....Plus this bottom has no fear.....none what so ever.
Charthttp://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$CPC&p=D&yr=0&mn=11&dy=0&id=p72359394143.png

no fear???.....lol

blah blah blah...from cnbc
"This week's sharp swings in the market may be just the beginning.

"I think we're going to be very choppy," David Dietze. Chief Investment Strategist at Point View Financial Services, told CNBC.com. "There's a lot of investors who found themselves more exposed to equities than they were comfortable with."

Volatility can be a plus for some investors such as hedge funds. But many analysts say typical investors who want to avoid extreme risks would be wise to remain on the sidelines, at least for now.

"There's no need to rush in," said Bill Strazzullo, Chief Market Strategist with Bell Curve Trading. "If this ends up being a good buying opportunity, you don't have to rush because any advances will be met with significant selling. So you want to be cautious."

"I would sit back and let the market settle unless it were to fall further to about a 5% correction from its earlier high," agreed Larry Adam, Investment Strategist at Duetsche Bank Private Wealth Management. "If the S&P drops to 1380 - 1390, stocks become very attractive."