any little pop....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:12 AM

like i said yesterday "short any little pop you get" dont watch intraday charts dont watch tv dont read or listen to "les miserables", snorting animals, yawwwning morons or slamma jammas etc do not communicate be insensitive find a temporary hobby, go cut your grass, come back short and go again .... ... you get the point, you can also short through the market if you into futures, send them through market, it is funny, i did a few small day trades just for the fun of it

#2 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

This is really very good advice. Today's "positive" ISM report with its surging prices paid data combined with an above consensus PCE price index increase puts two huge nails in the market's coffin. The bullz last, best hope was BB riding to the rescue with a rate cut. Now it just won't happen until it's waaaaaay too late.
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

You want to watch TV. This is how you learn how people react to these things.

So far, yesterday, people were shouting "Bernanke rally".

Today I heard of "ISM rally". And some guy on CNBC came out and said QID volume was so high, its a contrarian indicator.. that these guys were never right, and therefore its at a bottom.

Rick Santelli is all about being bull, same with Bob Pisani.

Every little pop gives them all hope that bottom is in. Psycology is great. This is the stuff that tells me its going much much lower.

like i said yesterday "short any little pop you get"

dont watch intraday charts
dont watch tv
dont read or listen to "les miserables", snorting animals, yawwwning morons or slamma jammas etc
do not communicate
be insensitive
find a temporary hobby, go cut your grass, come back short and go again

you get the point, you can also short through the market if you into futures, send them through market, it is funny, i did a few small day trades just for the fun of it

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

I'd be curious to hear from anyone, anybody, anywhere, who made money watching TV. I'd like to know how its done. I'm speaking of trading, of course. For investing, I learned a lot watching Louis Ruykeser years ago. That was Friday night, markets closed. But watching talking heads on CNBC or similar? What's the connection. I am sure they are "nice" people, but they are paid talking heads, reading from a prompter or babbling to fill up air time in between commercials. My guess is that the successful traders don't watch TV. They trade. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#5 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

I'd be curious to hear from anyone, anybody, anywhere, who made money watching TV. I'd like to know how its done. I'm speaking of trading, of course.

For investing, I learned a lot watching Louis Ruykeser years ago. That was Friday night, markets closed.

But watching talking heads on CNBC or similar? What's the connection. I am sure they are "nice" people, but they are paid talking heads, reading from a prompter or babbling to fill up air time in between commercials.

My guess is that the successful traders don't watch TV. They trade.

mm

I worked in the TV biz for decades - Sports and News - worked on CNBC in Hong Kong - If you knew the people and how "news" got on the air you would never watch TV news of any kind again. Basically, think about a group of adults with ADD and it will give you some idea - no depth, just a lot of sound and fury.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16